Reader reviews and comments on Casa Rossa, plus links to write your own review.

Casa Rossa

Oct 2003, 352 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Casa Rossa

Sophie Annesley

Casa Rossa
This book is an incredible journey through the eyes of three generations; you travel through Rome and the Southern Italian counrtyside to hear the tales of one family set against the back drop of Italy in WW2, the terrorism of the seventies through to the present day.
As the house is dismantled, so the lives of those who have lived in the house unfold. We are left contemplating the question of truth and how much the next generation is affected by the previous one, and how far we can reinterpret the past. This is mirrored by the political situation of Italy. Other levels are apparent however: one of the main characters is a screen writer and his successful films ultimately succeed or fail based on the love story and the power of one or two memorable scenes. In the same way, this book succeeds on the strength of its powerful love stories and its extrodinary scenes: for example, the image of the sweaty train journey when Oliveiro first meets Alba.
paola romagnani

Casa Rossa is a great book. It is simply brilliant. It made me cry and laugh and I could not put the book down, I read it all in three days. I'm Italian but have not lived the 70s, Casa Rossa has led me into that period with such an intensity, all the images I barely remember from the time I was a little girl came to life, exploded from the page and became so vivid! I thought Rules of The Wild was brilliant but Casa Rossa is a masterpiece.

• Book Jacket: The Inflamed Mind
    The Inflamed Mind
    by Edward Bullmore
    It is common knowledge that depression diminishes the quality of sufferers' lives, but few people ...
  • Book Jacket: The Adults
    The Adults
    by Caroline Hulse
    Things have already fallen apart on the first page of The Adults. The novel opens with an emergency ...
  • Book Jacket: News of Our Loved Ones
    News of Our Loved Ones
    by Abigail DeWitt
    The Delasalle family of Abigail DeWitt's News of Our Loved Ones are no strangers to the dark specter...
  • Book Jacket: My Sister, the Serial Killer
    My Sister, the Serial Killer
    by Oyinkan Braithwaite
    While the title of the novel gives away the plot, My Sister, the Serial Killer is essentially a ...

Force of Nature
by Jane Harper

As atmospheric, tense, and explosive as her New York Times bestselling debut, The Dry!

Golden Child
    by Claire Adam

A deeply affecting debut novel set in Trinidad, following the lives of a family as they navigate impossible choices.

Win Uncommon Type

Uncommon Type
by Tom Hanks

Surprising, intelligent, heartwarming, and a must-have for Tom Hanks fans!

Tell I T T M