Reader reviews and comments on Scorched Earth, plus links to write your own review.

Scorched Earth

by David L. Robbins

Scorched Earth by David L. Robbins X
Scorched Earth by David L. Robbins

Mar 2002, 352 pages
    Mar 2003, 352 pages

There is 1 reader review for Scorched Earth

Mike

<<The following review was edited for plot spoilers>>

Ok... I really enjoyed this book. I thought the plot clever and thought provoking. But I have a problem with the ending. I felt that <<edited>> was a nice twist and a good way to not only end the tragedy of <<edited>>'s death but absolve <<edited>> of wrongdoing. And further, with <<edited>>'s death, the culprit has been punished.... BUT

What is all this with <<edited>>? I think it's an out-of-left-field plot change... but should we be happy that <<edited>> got away with murder... The lawyers all agree that the death of a person during the comission of a felony is at the very least murder in the second degree. So why should I feel good about <<edited>>'s reunion? Shouldn't someone speak up for <<edited>> who was the unfortunate victim of what amounts to a hate crime committed by <<edited>>?

Someone please help me out here.
Mike

Let It Bang
    by RJ Young

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Severance