Read what people think about Her by Harriet Lane, and write your own review.

Her

by Harriet Lane

Her by Harriet Lane

• Published in USA  Jan 2015
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 46 reader reviews for Her

Shirley F. (Franksville, WI) (06/22/14)

Unlikely friends
The characters were interesting and well developed and I liked the tension of Her. I thought that the friendship was unlikely -the main women really have very little in common - and the reason for the stalking did not seem to be something that Nina need to obsess about for 20 yrs. However, my main dislike was the retelling of the story and I don't think it added to the plot; this made it take too long to get to the heart of the story. The climax thus became weak - actually I'm not sure where it came from.
Elisabeth W. (Durham, NC) (06/18/14)

A Tale of Manipulation
This interesting book, told in tandem points of view, is a tale of manipulation and revenge. The author immediately brings the reader in on the manipulation and what the manipulator is trying to accomplish. The frustrating part was that you don't find out the why until the last 10 pages of the book - and the why was a big, anticlimactic let down. That said, the story was intriguing enough that I kept reading to get to the why, though I think I would have given up had it been any longer. This book is targeted for women 25.
Tracey S. (Largo, FL) (06/16/14)

book of revenge
I enjoyed the book, but thought it took quite a while for the author to tell us why Nina had it in for Emma and why she was trying to get back at her for something that had happened years ago. The ending was terrible as I felt it should have gone on to tell us what happened to the little boy and how it affected Emma and her family.
Laurie H. (Stuart, FL) (06/15/14)

Her ~ a puzzle
The format of this book kept me intrigued and interested. I was pleasantly surprised when the thread finally pulled through so to speak. I found it curious that the book ended where it did. What became of these two women once Emma realized what had happened between them? Also, what of Christopher? Many questions about this book. I'd love to read and discuss this with my book club.
Kathleen B. (Las Vegas, NV) (06/15/14)

Slow Going
I usually read a book in two days. This one took forever because I kept putting it down. It dragged so badly. Many books I have read have alternating narrators, and I usually enjoy this. Emma and Nina when alternating were giving too much of the same information. Nina was a sociopath intent on repaying Emma for a wrong she committed as a teenager. It was so minor as to be missed by anyone. The nasty and sometimes criminal acts Nina performed on Emma's family were entertaining. The ending of the book was shocking. I can't really recommend this book because there is so many good books out there to be read, why suffer through 100 pages till you start enjoying the book?
Caryl B. (Portage, MI) (06/12/14)

Her
Harriet Lane's novel Her took me awhile to decide if I wanted to keep reading it but I am glad I stuck with it as I like novels with suspense and this book didn't disappoint. I might have written a different ending for this book instead of a cliffhanger, I will be recommending we read this at a future book club.
Power Reviewer Mary O. (Boston, MA) (06/12/14)

Slow but engaging
A very slow start which had me re-reading the first few chapters. I expected a more compelling thriller and better character development. The storyline was interesting but needed more "oomph". I would recommend it as a quick beach read!!!!
Jessica D. (Bemidji, MN) (06/08/14)

Disappointing
I was disappointed with this book. It took the author a long time to get where she was going and it didn't seem to make a lot of sense. I could have understood Nina's anger and revenge a bit better if Emma had had an affair with her father but that wasn't the case. And Emma never realized who Nina was?? That seems a bit of a stretch. Not one of my favorite books, unfortunately.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

The longest journey of any person is the journey inward

Y S M B, I'll S Y