Read what people think about Flat Water Tuesday by Ron Irwin, and write your own review.

Flat Water Tuesday

by Ron Irwin

Flat Water Tuesday by Ron Irwin X
Flat Water Tuesday by Ron Irwin

• Published in USA  Jun 2013

There are currently 24 reader reviews for Flat Water Tuesday

Debra P. (Belmont, NC)

Flows like water
Love this book. the writing flows like the boats in a rowing contest!!! The style of going from past to present pretty much keeps me on the edge of my seat. I highly recommend for book group discussions.
Susan Randall

Loved it
I read this novel in one sitting and found myself weeping at the end of it. While it is a novel about rowing---a sport I knew nothing about when I started reading--- the love story at its center broke my heart. The story of Rob and Carolyn resonated with me. It felt incredibly real, raw, emotional and true and there were times I held my breath while I read about the two of them struggling to stay together. I enjoyed the rowing segments and felt they were woven beautifully into this romantic tale about two people finding each other despite it all. I think this is one of the best novels of the year.
Barbara O. (Maryland Heights, MO)

Wow!
Love this book. Beautiful language, beautiful scenery, beautiful story. Loved the way the author weaves the past and the future with layers of intriguing relationships. Not your typical coming of age story. Well done!
Steve B. (Spring, TX)

Flat Water Tuesday produces a storm surge of excitement.
I really enjoyed this book. I was skeptical before starting my read since I know very little about crew and I was wondering how the subject could be exciting or produce an interesting novel. Boy, was my skepticism ill placed. I credit the author for creating a story that is interesting, exciting, suspenseful and most of all, entertaining. The characters are diverse but each has their good and bad qualities revealed to us and I was able to identify with them. The three main characters (Rob, Ruth Anderson and Connor) interact in ways that produce a story worth telling and certainly worth reading. Thanks Ron Irwin for authoring a great debut novel. I will anxiously await your next book.
Daniel A. (Naugatuck, CT)

Flat Water Tuesday
This is a great story, I liked it a lot. It's so suspenseful, that I at times tried to squeeze key words on the page with my mind to find out what happens next, to no avail. I even called the phone number on page 271 hoping that would help; it didn't but I got a surprise at who was on the other end.
It wasn't until I turned the page, that I found what was happening next, and I couldn't stop turning pages quick enough. It almost drove me to drink, but I refrained. I enjoyed the book more because it has a Connecticut connection, my home state.
Overall, this is a page-turner that I will not soon forget. I recommend this book to fans of suspense/thrillers.
Annie P. (Murrells Inlet, SC)

Flat Water Tuesday - A Hit!
This is one good book! I know zilch about crew, and until now, could have cared less. The characters and the story have given me a new sport to cheer for. The protagonist, Rob Carrey, is a successful failure, a guy who tries and tries, and with every turn hits a roadblock, but keeps on going. Maybe he didn't follow the path laid out for him, but the path he blazes is interesting and littered with full characters and events. I hope to see a lot more from Mr. Irwin!
Karen J. (Bremerton, WA)

Breathless & Exhausted
I'm breathless and exhausted. I chose this book because I wanted to learn about the sport of rowing – and I did. But that's not sufficiently true because for 3 days and 300 pages I lived and breathed (panted?) it. However, although rowing provides the bones of the narrative, it is the storylines of the individual members of the crew of one boat that provide the flesh and propels the reader from an attention grabbing first chapter forward to a conclusion, which at first felt unsatisfying but then perfectly right. This is a book I will be recommending to fellow readers. I also think it would make a good choice for a book club.
Elisabeth W. (Durham, NC)

Lots of Rowing, but not much else
I enjoy a book where I learn something new. With Flat Water Tuesday, I enjoyed learning about the intricacies of rowing. I expected this book to include more about the boarding school experience, but the Fenton School was barely a backdrop, which disappointed me. At times it was hard to understand the characters' motivation (Why is Rob so competitive with Connor? Why did he run out on the frozen river?) Though I enjoyed the book, it would have been much richer for me with more presence of the boarding school and more specific insight into Rob's motivations.

• Book Jacket: I Found My Tribe

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes