Read what people think about Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer, and write your own review.

Heat Wave

by Nancy Thayer

• Published in USA  Jun 2011

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Heat Wave

Power Reviewer Louise J

Beautiful Novel!!
I absolutely loved this story!

Nancy Thayer has written a real story about real women. She has an uncanny knack for taking real life situations and putting them in story mode. This novel is completely believable and I actually know someone who several of these issues happened too. I love her books and always highly recommend them. Well done, once again, Nancy!!
Sandra S. (Huntington Woods, Michigan)

Independence
Never knowing what life has in store for you, Carly falls in love and marries a wealthy lawyer she hardly knows. Within a few years of their marriage he has a mortal accident and she is left to raise her two children in the house he left her. She is left with decisions only she can make. I enjoyed this book, because it takes place on the east coast on Nantucket Sound where people populate the area in the summertime. Our family spends the summer in Northern Michigan, in a small town called Charlevoix. Recently, I had a decision, not unlike Carly's, to make. Consequently, the books main theme was very interesting to me. However, because, Nancy Thayer adds so many interesting characters, actions, and a little mystery, I think
"Heat Wave" would appeal to most people, but especially women.
Carm D. (Omaha, NE)

Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer
This book is perfect for summer reading. It is fast paced, keeps you interested and the characters are likable. It's about loss and friendships who last through thick and thin. It's about trying to do the right thing for yourself and your family in trying times, and respecting the feelings of others in the process. The heroine is an admirable lady and I liked her immensely.
Ann D. (Clermont, GA)

New Beginnings
Newly widowed Carley discovers that she and her two young daughters are broke after the sudden death of her husband. She decides to turn her Nantucket home into a B &B much to the dismay of her staid in-laws. This is a story about survival, about the ties that bind friends and family ,and about reliance on inner strength when the world as we know it has collapsed. This is a good read with substance.
Jenna B. (Fairfield, CA)

Great Beach Read
This book was fantastic - a great, fun, fast read. You fall in love with the characters and feel like you can really know these women in real life. Will certainly have to check out the other books of Nancy Thayer. I think I may have found a new favorite author!
Sue Z. (Mooresville, NC)

Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer
A perfect book to take on vacation - the quintessential beach read. Women will find this a relaxing page turner, which will relate to much in their own lives or at least how they would wish their lives to be. "Heat Wave" will not join the annals of great literature but it is a fun book.
Patricia M. (Davidson, North Carolina)

Heat Wave
A wonderful read. Characters were nicely developed and you knew them as if they were actually your friends. My only wish was that I would have loved some of the recipes for all those delicious sounding muffins and cookies. I certainly will read other books by Nancy Thayer. I finished this lovely book in three days.
Power Reviewer Lisa G. (Riverwoods, IL)

Another Winner from Nancy Thayer
Nancy Thayer has done it again with a wonderful story bringing Nantucket to life. A perfect read for a lazy afternoon this book addresses friendships, loss, infidelity and guilt. This is the kind of book I enjoy as respite after a particularly heavy duty book group read. I found it hard to put down and didn't want it to end but I hope there will be more from this author in the future.

My Name Is Leon
    by Roxane Gay

News of the World by Paulette Jiles

Happiness
    by Heather Harpham

A love story that follows a one-of-a-kind family through twists of fate that require nearly unimaginable choices.

Win The Resurrection of Joan Ashby