Read what people think about Stash by David Matthew Klein, and write your own review.

Stash

by David Matthew Klein

Stash by David Matthew Klein X
Stash by David Matthew Klein

• Published in USA  Jul 2010

There are currently 28 reader reviews for Stash

Mark C

Absorbing
In addition to being a "page turner", this book speaks to the issues surrounding the business of drug development, and the use of "recreational" drugs in our society. The book would be ideal for holding a discussion group. The writing keeps the reader engaged and wanting to know the fate of each the characters. I highly recommend this exciting novel.
William B. (East Peoria, IL)

A Strong Marriage
Very enjoyable first novel, compelling story. I would recommend this for book clubs. The ending, in particular, would be good fodder for conversation.
Bill L. (Hilliard, OH)

What a great book!
Wow! From the first page, I was hooked. What an amazing debut novel by David Klein. The book is filled with twists and turns from the beginning and doesn't disappoint. Klein is able to show how the actions of one person can have consequences for so many others. I highly recommend this book and look forward to Mr. Klein's next novel.
James G. (Warwick, NY)

Stash - The Most Innocent Decisions Often Shape Our Destinies
David Klein's novel drives home the point that bad things often happen to good people. I enjoyed reading this book. My gold standard is simple; character plus conflict equals drama, and drama is the indispensable component for good fiction. Klein's book abounds with believable characters with more than enough conflict to go around melded into a seamless plot-line that strikes at the myth of quiet, peaceful, and boring suburbia. David Klein represents a fresh new voice in the world of fiction, and I look forward to his second novel.
Sharon S. (Stanley, N.C.)

"Stash" by David Klein
In a mere moment everything that is important in the lives of the Raine's family almost goes up in smoke... marijuana smoke that is....

Author David Klein has written a story of middle class life in an idealistic suburb !!! I think NOT!!!!

This read packs a punch from the beginning to the very end ! Just when you think you have it figured out you haven't !!!

So tighten your seat belt on this rollercoaster, and get ready for a fast paced read !

My Book Club can't wait for the release scheduled for early summer !!!
Ruby J

Couldn't put it down!!
A skillfully written novel that had me turning the pages to find out what would happen to a set of characters I really enjoyed reading about.

Each of the major characters has their own compelling story. The characters are realistic and multi-faceted. I found myself contemplating their actions and personalities and liked that they couldn't simply be classified as good or bad people.

Klein's use of language is part of what makes the novel such a pleasure to read. His strong dialogue and detailed descriptions added much to the story.

I found the ending to be very satisfying. While some of the character's stories have a black and white ending, not all do. Life IS full of ambiguities and I think a book that has you thinking about what a character will do after the novel ends is a good thing!
Susan S. (Lafayette, CA)

A well-written page-turner
'Stash' was extremely entertaining, fast-paced, and well-written. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love the way the viewpoint shifts back and forth among numerous different characters, and as events spin out of control we see many of them through the eyes of more than one person, which for me is a very satisfying literary device. I also liked having the plotline concerning the problems caused by the sale and purchase of illegal drugs in suburbia juxtaposed against the moral questions raised by the marketing of a legal, but possibly dangerous drug. Readers should take note also of the chapter headings, which are charming and unusual for a modern novel.
Kelly P. (Lake Oswego, OR)

Stash & Consequences
I asked to review this novel due to two interesting jobs I have had with the State of Oregon: I was the first manager of Oregon's Medical Marijuana Program (following a voter initiative in 1999), and I currently work for the Oregon State Police. In the course of these two jobs, I have had numerous contacts with marijuana users (primarily medical but also "recreational"), their physicians, their attorneys, and their families; and also with law enforcement officers trying to deal with the conflicts between state and federal law. I was struck by the even-handed and non-judgmental presentation of the issues explored by the novel, and found it kept my attention throughout. The writing was above average, the story engaging (with some unexpected twists), and the characters were intriguing and well-developed. I also appreciated the dual plot-lines of "legal" and "illegal" drugs, and the many ways one's life can be derailed in an instant. This book is somewhat reminiscent of "Little Children" (in a good way). I would recommend it.

• Book Jacket: Future Home of the Living God
  • Book Jacket: Never Coming Back
    Never Coming Back
    by Alison McGhee

If the Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Wonder Valley
    by Ivy Pochoda

The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things.

E Dog H I D