Read what people think about The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, and write your own review.

by Kate Morton

• Published in USA  Apr 2009

There are currently 12 reader reviews for The Forgotten Garden

Jossarne (08/15/15)

Great Writing
She does an excellent job of interweaving the story. I love her books! I cannot said enough positive about this author. This was my first Kate Morton read.
KentuckySue (12/16/14)

Forgotten Garden
I was disappointed with this book. Everything that I read about the book were raves. It feels like I have been reading it forever and I'm still no way near finished. The story has potential but is too long.
Eduardo (01/19/14)

The Forgotten Garden
Excellent reading, great plot and interesting characters.
Loli (11/23/11)

Magnífico !!!
I have enjoyed it, is very well narrated and it hooks to you from the beginning. I recommend it
Linda Stimpson (10/14/11)

The Forgotten Garden
This has to be one of the most enjoyable books I have read. I love that it covers several generations even though at times it is a little hard to follow. I didn't want to put it down but on the other hand I didn't want it to end. Great book for a Book Club. It is a book you want to own to re-read again on a cold winter's day.
elizabeth brown (09/20/11)

the forgotten garden garden
I am almost half way though and having difficulty keeping up with all the people. I am losing interest and may not finish the book. Has anyone else who has read the book had that problem? It started out good but got confusing and I am not caring about the characters anymore. Could it just be me, or is it the book?
Lisa-ButteryBooks (09/22/10)

I Read It Twice..And It Was Better The Second Time
I chose this book when it was my turn to host our book club party. I decided to read it again since it had been a couple months since the first time I read it and I wanted the details fresh in my mind. It is even better the second time!! That is saying a lot considering how much I loved it the first time. Kate Morton's writing is fantastic and so descriptive I felt like I was right there with the characters. It is long, but I still did not want it to end. I highly, highly recommend it, especially for a book club.
Power Reviewer Dorothy T. (09/20/10)

A Great Novel
I read and enjoyed Kate Morton's first novel, "The House at Riverton," and was interested to read her next one. "The Forgotten Garden" far surpassed my expectations. The journey in and out of three time periods, each with a different central character--though each connected to the others in a way that continues to be revealed until the very end--is easy to follow, and the switches add to the suspense and my reluctance to put this book down until I finished. The weaving of the fairy tales into the main story is very effective, and there's even a little bit of Dickens (Charles and Frances Hogsdon Burnett's both).

• Book Jacket: Barkskins
    Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

The Secret Language of Stones
    by M. J. Rose

"A fantastic historical tale of war, love, loss and intrigue."
    – Melanie Benjamin

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All