Read what people think about Murder in Mykonos by Jeffrey Siger, and write your own review.

by Jeffrey Siger

Murder in Mykonos by Jeffrey Siger X
Murder in Mykonos by Jeffrey Siger

• Published in USA  Jan 2009
    Genre: Mysteries

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Murder in Mykonos

I was drawn to the title of this book because I visited Mykonos this summer on a Mediterranean cruise and was entranced by the beauty of the stark white buildings against the azure sky. I was hopeful that I could relive the experience through the author's eyes, and I was certainly not disappointed. His descriptive writing allows the reader to perfectly picture the scene he is creating.

The book captured my attention from the very first page and did not let go. The reader is mostly spared the gory details of many serial killer novels, which was appealing to me. The mystery was intriguing and it was hard to book the book down until I found out how it would end. This is definitely a book that I would recommend to anyone who likes mysteries, and this one has the added bonus of being set on a beautiful island.

Murder He Wrote
Jeffrey Siger's first book is a great quick read familiar to readers of James Patterson's books. I didn't leave changed but enjoyed the ride. The book has a perfect setting in the Greek isles, accessible writing, real characters and more than enough suspense to keep me up past my bedtime to finish it. I can see this being made into a nail biter of a movie or become the first in a series written by Mr. Sigler.

Murder in Mykonos
I know where my next vacation will be ... Anyone who can read this book and NOT want to go to Greece needs his head examined! The mystery part of the book is well-plotted [although the resolution is a wee bit sudden and pat], but the landscape and atmosphere described by Siger are vivid and beautifully detailed. I could almost smell the drunk Europeans and hear the roar of the motorbikes and tavernas on Mykonos.
The characters are also well-depicted; they're believable and -- for the most part -- congenial or despicable, depending on Siger's intent.
Can't wait for the next in the series!

Murder in Mykonos
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read. I loved the twists and turns and really had no clue as to who did the deed! Loved the detailed descriptions of Mykonos -- made me want to visit the island.

Murder in Mykonos by Jeffrey Siger
I really enjoyed this murder mystery by new author Jeffrey Siger. The plot held my attention and the characters were well developed. The short paragraphs with frequent breaks reminded me of the popular James Patterson stories. By leaving the killer's name to the very end of the story made me want to skip to the end of the book.

The Story Builds
This book is a slow read in the beginning,, but worth sticking with! The characters and story build as you go. A new writer definitely worth watching. The main character makes believable decisions that ring true despite a complicated personal and political situation. Very beautiful descriptions of the setting also. This is a character I would like to read more about. Hope this is the beginning of a series.

Murder in Mykonos
Walk through the streets with descriptions of Mykonos, the interworking of the Political force and the ever present pagan gods alongside the Christian saints.
Meet Andreas the Chef of Police as he involves all the above in a mystery that has lots of suspects and bodies that keeps you guessing until the end!

Murder in Mykonos
Though the book started a bit slowly, it engaged me with a decent mystery and a very good feel for Mykonos. Jeffrey Signer obviously knows the people and terrain and it makes a great setting for this novel. I got a better feel for the male characters than the women who were the victims. The males seemed more fully developed as characters though not always sympathetic ones. I would read another mystery by Siger.

• Book Jacket: Eat the Apple