Read what people think about Shoot the Lawyer Twice by Michael Bowen, and write your own review.

A Rep and Melissa Pennyworth Mystery

by Michael Bowen

Shoot the Lawyer Twice by Michael Bowen

• Published in USA  Oct 2008
    Genre: Mysteries

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Shoot the Lawyer Twice

Juliet

a good read
I enjoyed this. "Shoot the Lawyer Twice" is a funny whodunnit, with lots of plot twists and turns. I would have preferred a little more in the way of character development, but this was a fun read anyway. It's not great literature, but much better than the average airplane or beach novel, particularly if you like mysteries and can laugh at the excesses of academia.
Miriam

Shoot the Lawyer, please
If I had known that this was the fourth book in a mystery series, I would never have read it. As a fan of mysteries, and even mystery series, I found the plot much too convoluted and requiring far too many "look backs" to previous sections to keep characters and events in mind. The only reason I didn't give it a lower rating is that I was determined to finish it to see how it was resolved.
Molly

Shoot me Once!
At the end of the day, self interest drives the plot. But to get to this revelation, there are convoluted and abstract conversations - almost too mind numbing to follow. I have adopted the Nancy Pearl 50 page rule - if not for this review I would have put it down after 50 pages. And probably not come back.
Kathleen

Why So Intricate?
This book is well-written, and I suppose if I re-read it, everything would be connected up and I would appreciate the author's ingenuity and inventiveness. However, I would rather not work that hard. There are way too many characters and blind alleys such that, by the end of the book, I found it difficult to care about any character or his or her motivation.
Karen

Shoot the Lawyer Twice
Good story line and characters but often hard to follow. Too much going on. In my opinion it would not be a good book club pick for my group.
Kathy

Shoot the Lawyer Twice
I had to start this book twice, I felt there were too many plots and characters all at once, and found it very confusing to keep track of who belonged to what group, and what plot that was going on. It never developed one plot to an understandable point, before going on to the next. Even after starting and reading the second time I felt it was too much work to keep track of everyone and everything.
Jeff

Shoot The LawyerTwice
I really had a hard time getting through "Shoot The Lawyer Twice". The plot was not particularly interesting and the primary characters are not very likable. After a while, the "witty" banter between the lawyers and/or the professors got very tiresome. It is not often that I can't wait to be done with a book, but, unfortunately, that was the case here. Probably the most interesting aspect was the origin of the book's title (an old lawyer joke). For husband/wife legal mysteries where the characters are entertaining and the plots good, try the Paul Levine "Solomon and Lord" paperback series.
Tricia

Shoot the Lawyer Twice Provides Whimsy, But I Got Lost
Headless dialogue ruins a conversation for me every time, especially because I have no idea who's saying what. This book was clever - I love whodunits, but I had a hard time continuing.

• Book Jacket: Midwinter Break

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E