Read what people think about Talk of the Town by Lisa Wingate, and write your own review.

Talk of the Town

by Lisa Wingate

Talk of the Town by Lisa Wingate X
Talk of the Town by Lisa Wingate
  • Readers' rating:

• Published in USA  Feb 2008

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Talk of the Town

Deb

A tickle your ribs sort of book by an outstanding Christian wordsmith
I loved this book, Talk of the Town, for a number of reasons, but the main ones are that Daily, TX, is a lot like my little town (I don't think it is a roman a clef), I really enjoy Lisa Wingate's writing, and the book was just downright fun to read. Some might consider the way the book jumps back and forth between viewpoints distracting, but I am not one of them:) It is a highly recommended book in this particular genre.
Linda

Talk of the Town Review
I chose this book because I am a transplanted resident of Texas, having come from Nebraska. I thought it was a sweet book and the characters are really fun. There isn't much substance here, just mindless entertainment, good for a night in front of the fireplace with a blanket and a kitty. Unfortunately, I haven't met anyone like the people in the book since I have lived in Houston --:)
Julie

Surprise
When I got this book, I had low expectations. The cover and summary made the book seem like chick-lit, which is not at all my style. I was very ready to not like this book. So imagine my surprise when I found myself enjoying it. I loved how fully the author developed her characters, and I fell in love with all of them. She even made me appreciate small towns. This book was funny and heartwarming.
The story made me think a lot about a life lived without taking chances.
Marta

Small town gossip...big city gossip
I really enjoyed reading Talk of the Town by Lisa Wingate. It was a sweet story and the plot was predictable. What I really liked was the characters. I wanted to actually meet the two main characters and be friends with them. It was a Christian book but wasn't preachy - just fun and full of truths to live by. I liked this book so much that I am going to read more of Ms. Wingate's books.
Madeline

A Nice Story
This is an old-fashioned, wholesome type story with the modern twist of reality TV. It's a light and predictable read, but it's sweet, without being sappy, and its characters are fun and feisty. The scene with Imagene and the roller coaster is a hoot!
Carolyn

Not exactly the talk of the town
This is a pleasant story told with humor. There are some interesting characters, although the reader never really learns very much about one significant man. The two main characters who narrate the book both refer occasionally to their belief in God, and the need to accept God's hand in their lives. I don't think this novel offers much fuel for book club discussion, but is fine for someone who wants to spend a few hours reading a light romance.
Mary

Talk of the Town
I found this book to be a fun story. It reminded me of a cross between Lorna Landvik and Jan Karon's style of writing. There were a spots where I thought the story could move along a little quicker, however I was never actually bored. The author's description of characters was humorous and made me care about the outcome of the story.
Mary
Jennifer

Talk of the Town leaves you with little to talk about
A sweet story set in small town Texas, Talk of the Town is a typical romance with a touch of comedy. Although the accents are exaggerated almost beyond bearing, the characters are just innocent and loveable enough to make this a pleasant, blush-free read.

• Book Jacket: American Histories

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes