Read what people think about Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and write your own review.

Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie X
Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

• Published in USA  Oct 2003

There are currently 9 reader reviews for Purple Hibiscus

Ishwari Prasad Paudel

Transculturation
I liked this book the most and I am having my MA thesis on it.
Ibekailo Fransy

purple Hibiscus
The book purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Adiche is a captivating and interesting story that kept me on edge till the last page of it. The part that I fancy most is the dispute between Eugene and his father (i.e Kambili's grand father) over religion. Well written. I must commend Miss Adiche for a wonderful piece of work.
Adeleye Kanyinsola Grace

Purple Hibiscus: a book review
The book purple hibiscus is a very influential book and very inspiring, it teaches a lesson to all parents most especially fathers: they should not try to keep their children in bondage or stop them from being exposed to things that would help them. I cite an example when Kambili and her brother went to their aunt's house fora holiday. They were not used to playing with other children of their age, instead they avoided them.
Also a good Christian must learn to portray his true nature both outside and on the inside. We should never be a chameleon to people around us. For example Kambili's father portrayed himself as a chameleon by doing good to outsiders and being brutal to his family.
Onuoha Azuka Davidson

dave's review
Interesting! excellent!! well written novel by an epitome of the African woman.....Mrs Adichie. It captures man's inhumanity to man especially during military rule in Nigeria and also the negative effects of religious fanaticism and hypocrisy.
kalejaye aminat olaide

the purple hibiscus
Chimamanda is actually a prolific writer, the book is very interesting and straightforward, a must read for everyone, especially students preparing for their final exams in Nigeria!
abeeb oredunni oniyere

praising
The book is rattling good reading. It is intelligible and comprehensive. The language used is straightforward and decipherable.
OLAWALE DANIEL

This Book Is Awesome
I don't really read many story books but I found this to be absolutely ok for me personally as the best I have ever read.
belema ibim

purple hibiscus
It is a magnificent book. It explores Kambili, a fifteen year old, and her life with her father - a hard man who disciplined his kids and showed no mercy at their actions, and her mother a tender-hearted woman who, despite the fathers actions. loves and cares for the family. Kambili's shyness leads her to world of adventure .

• Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund