Read what people think about Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and write your own review.

Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

• Published in USA  Oct 2003

There are currently 9 reader reviews for Purple Hibiscus

Ishwari Prasad Paudel (03/09/14)

Transculturation
I liked this book the most and I am having my MA thesis on it.
Ibekailo Fransy (03/07/14)

purple Hibiscus
The book purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Adiche is a captivating and interesting story that kept me on edge till the last page of it. The part that I fancy most is the dispute between Eugene and his father (i.e Kambili's grand father) over religion. Well written. I must commend Miss Adiche for a wonderful piece of work.
Adeleye Kanyinsola Grace (11/12/13)

Purple Hibiscus: a book review
The book purple hibiscus is a very influential book and very inspiring, it teaches a lesson to all parents most especially fathers: they should not try to keep their children in bondage or stop them from being exposed to things that would help them. I cite an example when Kambili and her brother went to their aunt's house fora holiday. They were not used to playing with other children of their age, instead they avoided them.
Also a good Christian must learn to portray his true nature both outside and on the inside. We should never be a chameleon to people around us. For example Kambili's father portrayed himself as a chameleon by doing good to outsiders and being brutal to his family.
Onuoha Azuka Davidson (01/10/13)

dave's review
Interesting! excellent!! well written novel by an epitome of the African woman.....Mrs Adichie. It captures man's inhumanity to man especially during military rule in Nigeria and also the negative effects of religious fanaticism and hypocrisy.
MEON3M (10/19/11)

EXCELLENT
The book deals with the clash of beliefs and the resultant use of power.The book shows how abuse of parental authority affects children.I am not sure whether the resolution by Chimamanda in the book can be justified
kalejaye aminat olaide (04/05/11)

the purple hibiscus
Chimamanda is actually a prolific writer, the book is very interesting and straightforward, a must read for everyone, especially students preparing for their final exams in Nigeria!
abeeb oredunni oniyere (02/11/11)

praising
The book is rattling good reading. It is intelligible and comprehensive. The language used is straightforward and decipherable.
OLAWALE DANIEL (02/07/11)

This Book Is Awesome
I don't really read many story books but I found this to be absolutely ok for me personally as the best I have ever read.

• Book Jacket: I See You
    I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh
    Clare MackIntosh has written a haunting thriller that has kept our readers at the edge of their ...
  • Book Jacket: Perfect Little World
    Perfect Little World
    by Kevin Wilson
    It might be the beginning of a tragic story: Izzy Poole falls in love with her mentally unstable ...
  • Book Jacket: Pachinko

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Children are not the people of tomorrow, but people today.

K Your F C