Reader reviews and comments on Warriors of God, plus links to write your own review.

Warriors of God

Richard the Lionheart and Saladin in the Third Crusade

by James Reston Jr.

Warriors of God by James Reston Jr. X
Warriors of God by James Reston Jr.

Apr 2001, 240 pages
    May 2002, 400 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Warriors of God

imad

Excellent book. Required reading for these tense times. From an historical point of view extremely provocative and challenging.Very good narration and first class erudition. Refreshing open mindedness ( a lesson for some of the bigots that have chronicled the Crusades in this last century ). The battle scenes need a tad bit more detail however and scriptural interpretations are not always accurate. Otherwise this book merits a five.
Joseph L. Moore

Well written and engaging.
Abe Arkeen

James Reston, Jr. makes the paramount event of the Middle Ages, the Crusades, come alive in "Warriors of God." He combines fascinating exerpts from Arab and Christian chroniclers, and weaves a tale worthy of the principals involved: Richard the Lionheart and Saladin. Ultimately, the reader will come away from Reston's book with a deeper understanding of the cultural and religous divide the West and Islam face in the early 21st Century. TextWarriors of God
Anonymous

A well written novel of the Third Crusade. Author is accurate (according to history), but hard to keep reader's attention.
Sarah

This book has a lot intersting facts and is very informative but it is extremely hard to follow. It isn't for the average reader. You definately have to be a History major or minor to get into this one. But it is very well written and very factual. Anyone can appreciate that.
Jessey

This book was extremely detailed and too over-processed for my liking. It seems as though the James Reston read through a dozen text books and revised all of them, compiling data into novel form. At least TRY to make it interesting...
Kelsey again

I forgot to say that the book is hard to follow and is confusing!!!
Kelsey

This is the most boring book I have ever read, it is taking me forever to get through it and I am a fast reader and I love to read. The book is so factual that it is just like a textbook except it is in book form.

• Book Jacket: American Histories

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes