MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Tara Road, plus links to write your own review.

Tara Road

by Maeve Binchy

Tara Road

Sep 1999, 502 pages
    Jul 2000, 502 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Tara Road

~*Rachel*~ (08/23/06)

Tara Road was an AMAZING book
Maeve Binchy has captured the timeless struggles of modern mom and the selfishness of men and put it into an amazing book of hardship and change. This is one of my all time favorites!!
Betül (05/25/03)

It makes you read it all the time till you finish.
Judy Harrington (03/20/03)

This was my first book read by me by Maeve Binchy and I am anxiously awaiting the reading of many more. She is the most wonderful author and really draws one into the complex lives of her characters.
Rosamond Rudy (04/13/02)

I loved Tara Road. Like all of Maeve Binchy's books , I read it every spare minute that I had and I
was sorry to come to the end. I am anxious for Maeve Binchy's next book. She is a wonderful

Kae (04/06/02)

Ms Binchy can do no wrong. All of her books are great. Unable to put this one down, & could have cried when it was done.
kconklin (03/19/02)

Until now, I had never read a book that literally took me for the emotional ride of my life. I cried, I laughed and I walked away from the book, but it pulled me back into the tumultous lives of the people of Tara Road. In the end, two nights later, I had the satisfaction of having survived. Read the book!
Anonymous (02/22/02)

I was quite disappointed in this book. I thought the storyline was very pedictable and the characters were cliche and one dimensional. This is the sort of fluff one reads while battling a bad cold or the flu. It doesn't require much effort on the part of the reader to follow along and it doesn't provide any real stimulation.
Anonymous (08/12/01)

Vicki
I absolutely loved this book and have read it twice! It prompted me to do a home-exchange like the ladies in the story. Warm, funny, touching...it's all of Mauve B. style.

• Book Jacket: The Never-Open Desert Diner
    The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vanishing Velazquez
    The Vanishing Velazquez
    by Laura Cumming
    Author Laura Cumming spins out a tale of obsession and ruin in her latest book, The Vanishing Vel&#...
    The Fair Fight
    by Anna Freeman
    Anna Freeman's debut novel, The Fair Fight, highlights the world of boxing in England during ...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

H Now B C?