MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Tara Road, plus links to write your own review.

Tara Road

by Maeve Binchy

Tara Road

Sep 1999, 502 pages
    Jul 2000, 502 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Tara Road

~*Rachel*~ (08/23/06)

Tara Road was an AMAZING book
Maeve Binchy has captured the timeless struggles of modern mom and the selfishness of men and put it into an amazing book of hardship and change. This is one of my all time favorites!!
Betül (05/25/03)

It makes you read it all the time till you finish.
Judy Harrington (03/20/03)

This was my first book read by me by Maeve Binchy and I am anxiously awaiting the reading of many more. She is the most wonderful author and really draws one into the complex lives of her characters.
Rosamond Rudy (04/13/02)

I loved Tara Road. Like all of Maeve Binchy's books , I read it every spare minute that I had and I
was sorry to come to the end. I am anxious for Maeve Binchy's next book. She is a wonderful

Kae (04/06/02)

Ms Binchy can do no wrong. All of her books are great. Unable to put this one down, & could have cried when it was done.
kconklin (03/19/02)

Until now, I had never read a book that literally took me for the emotional ride of my life. I cried, I laughed and I walked away from the book, but it pulled me back into the tumultous lives of the people of Tara Road. In the end, two nights later, I had the satisfaction of having survived. Read the book!
Anonymous (02/22/02)

I was quite disappointed in this book. I thought the storyline was very pedictable and the characters were cliche and one dimensional. This is the sort of fluff one reads while battling a bad cold or the flu. It doesn't require much effort on the part of the reader to follow along and it doesn't provide any real stimulation.
Anonymous (08/12/01)

Vicki
I absolutely loved this book and have read it twice! It prompted me to do a home-exchange like the ladies in the story. Warm, funny, touching...it's all of Mauve B. style.

• Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...
  • Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun