Reader reviews and comments on The Privilege of Youth, plus links to write your own review.

The Privilege of Youth

Jan 2004, 288 pages
    Jan 2005, 240 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for The Privilege of Youth

monkey

Good
I think the Privilege of youth book is really good. I wish I had the book so I can read it over and over again. My mom also liked it. She said if I am good for a whole week she will buy it for me. So I am trying to be very good, so I can get the Privilege of Youth. Dave Pelzer is a very strong man. How he lived through all that pain. For example when his mother burned his face against the stove so he can burn to death. Also when his mother stabbed him. In the second book I was glad that he was place in a foster home so he could at lest have some peace. I was so happy when they put him in the foster hopes that just got a smile on mine and my moms face. I really surprised that he is still alive this very day with all the abuse. This is my opinion. Thank you for letting me share this with you.
Marisol

Dave Pelzer
This was a awesome book and everyone should read it. I've cried for a while thinking how can a mother do this to a little child and not to the rest.If you don't want children then don't have them, don't just sit there and beat them until they bleed and cry and scream...this is so amazing and everyone should read it. I think you will learn a lesson on how not to bully students and learn how to treat them the same like there are two of you..
marisol

the privilege of youth
This is the best book I've read so far, and everyone should read it. It could teach you a lesson about child abuse and not to ever do it....
someone

wow
All I can say is wow! What a terrific book!
Chelsea

Amazing
WoW! This book has really inspired me. It has taught me to accept the way life is even though in 12 years this book and author has in spored me so much that I've changed my ways in life.
unknown

Thanks
Dave Pelzer has inspired me to share my story. I was abused as a kid some of the things that happened to him happened to me. After reading his books it shows me that I can make it through life like he did. I can be a good person.
Taylor

Dave inspires Me
when I started reading his books I was in the 6th grade and I was simply touched I mean how could she do those horrible things to him and well I love all his books and when people ask me what's your favorite book or who inspires you the most I am going to say Dave Pelzer. I mean he was abused terribly by his mom and yet stayed strong and made it through he's an inspiration and my favorite book would be A Child Called It and A Lost Boy well you could say all of them there simply great.
McRuiz

AWESOME!
I read this book, and it was the besstt!! i loved it so much, its so exciting and you never want to put it down, I am only 15....but i do love this book..

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes