Read what people think about Fake ID by Lamar Giles, and write your own review.

Fake ID

by Lamar Giles

Fake ID

• Published in USA  Jan 2014
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Fake ID

Hannah (01/04/16)

Fake ID review-- why 4 not 5 stars
This novel was incredible. It managed to be intriguing as well as funny and relatable, all in a murder mystery book. It incorporated many elements, such as morality, racism, love, etc. The plotline itself was incredible and reading as the mystery unfolded was even better.

If I think the book is THAT amazing, why not 5 stars? Well (Spoiler-ish), the ending wasn't... it just wasn't suitable. I turned the page expecting another chapter or a "1 year later..." kind of thing. Instead, I got acknowledgements. It ends with Whispertown unresolved, and a very upset reader. I was left wondering what was the fate of the once lovebirds and what happened to his mother and are they leaving the program and what is the fate of Wispertown.

I expect a sequel :))))))
Aalycia Beard (12/06/15)

Fake ID By: Lamar Giles
This engrossing thriller blends gritty crime storytelling with solid, realistic family drama. Nick and his family are in the Witness Protection Program, due to his father's past association with a dangerous crime boss. However, they are continually forced to move and switch identities because of Nick's father's continued criminal ventures. Nick worries that another move will destroy the renewed sense of possibility that he's found through his job on the school paper, his friend Eli, and Eli's attractive sister, Reya. That's before he finds Eli's body and begins to suspect that Eli's death isn't the suicide it's made out to be. Nick's attempts to investigate lead to revelations about the town, his friends, and his family. Giles ably handles multiple themes, not shying away from the racial tension that exists in the small southern town (Nick is African-American, and Eli and Reya are Latino), while avoiding making it a primary focus. This mature crime story expands beyond high school walls to address the challenges of maintaining meaningful relationships and the cost of loyalty.
Fake ID by Lamar Giles is a book that combines action and mystery very well. The plot of the story was strikingly different from other books but in a good way, however, there were some parts of the book I found boring. The reason why I found some parts boring was because the author talked about topics in the book that were not relatable to the actual story line. Aside from that I thought it was a wonderful book that explained and showed characters really well. An example of this is when Nick is talking to the reader about his backstory. I would recommend this book to a young adult audience and people who like action and mystery.
Aiah Johnson (05/19/15)

Fake ID is the best book I ever read
I just want to say that Fake ID is my favorite book because I don't like to read boring books, and Fake ID had me glued to the book.

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti
  • Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    So Say the Fallen
    by Stuart Neville

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.