Read what people think about Songs of Willow Frost by Jamie Ford, and write your own review.

Songs of Willow Frost

by Jamie Ford

Songs of Willow Frost by Jamie Ford

• Published in USA  Sep 2013
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There are currently 33 reader reviews for Songs of Willow Frost

Lisa B. (Denton, TX) (06/26/13)

Couldn't put this one down!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Songs of Willow Frost, even though the story is mostly a sad one. The author did a wonderful job of capturing the spirit and language of 1920s and 1930s America. In my opinion, this far surpasses his earlier book, On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. This would be a great book club book because it raises so many questions about race and the roles of women in that era, including the idea that mothers were not as important as fathers. Because of the big role of the early movie industry and its depiction of the limited rights of women, it reminds me a bit of The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty.

• Book Jacket: If We Were Villains

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R