Read what people think about A Dual Inheritance by Joanna Hershon, and write your own review.

A Dual Inheritance

by Joanna Hershon

A Dual Inheritance

• Published in USA  May 2013

There are currently 17 reader reviews for A Dual Inheritance

Mary G. (River Forest, IL) (03/02/13)

Good story but invites impatience
It took me about 40 pages to decide to push on through the next 430. If the author's psychoanalysis of her characters interests you, you'll no doubt be caught up in it right away. She tells a good soap opera story, and I'll admit that, once into that part, I wanted to know what happened to these people, even though I didn't much like any of them...and I'm talking 3 generations of 2 families. Still, she insisted on breaking up the flow with her own analyses of what was going on in each person's psyche, and it's just not my thing; I want to get to know the characters by knowing their actions, their words, their non-actions, and I think a good author can do that. In the end, she created just too many cross-loves to meet reality, but I could close the book with satisfaction of knowing - but not believing.

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review