Read what people think about All You Could Ask For by Mike Greenberg, and write your own review.

All You Could Ask For

by Mike Greenberg

All You Could Ask For by Mike Greenberg X
All You Could Ask For by Mike Greenberg

• Published in USA  Apr 2013

There are currently 28 reader reviews for All You Could Ask For

Margaret M. (Venice,, FL)

All you Could ask for
I loved this book.. It carries a thoughtful message using interesting literary style and plot..it appealed to me as I too have struggled with their common issue. All thee women are described with humor, insightfulness and credibility!

He treats a scary female illness with humor and dignity. It remarkable that a man can describe female characters with such clarity and skill.
Rita Q. (Pittsfield, MA)

All you could ask for
Excellent book...easy read. amazing that a male author could write with deep understanding of woman's feelings, esp. going thru the diagnosis of cancer. Great depiction of how strong and valuable female relationships are in life/death.
Highly recommend this for a book club.
Beverly J. (Huntersville, NC)

Living Your Life Like It Is Golden
Mike Greenberg has penned an alluring tale of three women unconnected until they a similar event happens to all three in the same time period. Part One has a breezy yet self-assured feel as we learn about the characters individually each voice leading up to the moment that is the best day of their entire lives. At this point my anticipation is high on what crises will connect the women. I turn the page to start Part Two and my heart sinks as crisis is immediately apparent. But I will credit the author with writing a credible situation in an honest realistic manner that had me totally engaged and rooting for each of the women as they make the best decisions for themselves. I enjoyed this beautifully crafted story that speaks to happiness, friendship, and living your life to the fullest.
John P. (Timonium, MD)

All you could ask for in a book
Brooke, Samantha and Katherine became a part of my life from the very start. The three strong independent women each of whom had difficult relationships with men and family were fully developed as characters who did not take an easy path through life.
The circumstances that bring them together is compelling, tragic and gives the reader an insight to true emotions.
A great read for a book club with a great deal to discuss, contribute and challenge.
Jenna B. (Fairfield, CA)

Quite Surprised
I was quite surprised at how good this book was considering who it was written by. I am quite familiar with Mike Greenberg and his show on ESPN so I was very intrigued to read this story. It's unbelievable that it was written by a man and not by a woman. I will know longer look at Mr. Greenberg in the same way. Kudos, to a book very well written. Will be telling all I know to add this to their Christmas list as a must read!
Brenda S. (Apple Valley, MN)

From Good to Great
This was one of the best books I've read this year. It keeps a person's interest from page one. Three women...three different lifestyles, and yet, one common theme. We are women, we are sisters, we shall always be there for each other. Mike starts the book off well with the competitiveness of all hard-working women and yet brings us together for the second half. Kudos!!
Jan T. (Leona Valley, CA)

All You Could Ask For
This is a very heart warming story of three women facing a mutual crisis. I felt an emotional bond to these women and admired each of their stories. I am astounded this book was written by a man as I was when reading any book by Wally Lamb. This would be an excellent book for a book club composed of mostly women. He captured the emotional spectrum of life. I will recommend this book to all my women friends - it is an ode to female friendship. Five Stars!!!
Anna R. (Oak Ridge, TN)

Unexpected
When I discovered the author of this book was Mike Greenberg of "Mike and Mike in the morning;" I thought what does he know about women? Well, was I surprised. The thoughts and actions of the three women seemed so real. He made their emotions believable and I could "see" the characters. I couldn't put the book down because I wanted to find out what happened. The ending was just right.
Well done, Mike.

• Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May

A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline

From the bestselling author of Orphan Train, a stunning novel of passion and art.

Next Year in Havana
    by Chanel Cleeton

a Cuban-American woman travels to Havana, where she finds a family secret hidden since the revolution.

Force of Nature
    by Jane Harper

A riveting, tension-driven thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of The Dry.

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P