MLA Gold Award Site

Read what people think about Mercy Train by Rae Meadows, and write your own review.

Summary | Discuss | Reviews | More Information | More Books

by Rae Meadows

• Published in USA  May 2012

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Mercy Train

Daveann (05/27/12)

Wanted it to end
I didnt care for the writing style of this book. I thought the topic of orphan trains interesting, but wanted it to go deeper. I didn't feel the book helped me to be connected to any of the women.
Power Reviewer Dawn L Cronk (05/23/12)

Mercy Train
I enjoyed this novel because it has so many levels. You learn about Samantha who is helping her mother as she is dying of cancer. While there she uncovers things from her grandmother's past that have a ripple affect for both Samantha and her mother Iris. The history of the Orphan train was nicely portrayed when Violet is put on it by her own mother. There are many layers to this book and I enjoyed them all. I came to care very much for these women and what they had to learn about the past in order to face the present.
cheryls. (05/15/12)

very enlighting
I received my complementary copy about a week ago and immediately started reading..I very much enjoyed this book.,I didn't realize that these trains actually existed...It makes you stop and think about these poor orphans, and the life they led. I understand this project was started in order to create a better life for these children, but I can also just imagine what a terrifying ordeal it was for them...I also realize that they were put into these orphanages because of the hardships the parents faced. A good read for sure, and it will make a very good book for discussion.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday