Read what people think about Low Town by Daniel Polansky, and write your own review.

by Daniel Polansky

Low Town by Daniel Polansky X
Low Town by Daniel Polansky

There are currently 23 reader reviews for Low Town

Linda W. (Riverview, Florida)

A great read! Daniel Polansky I am a fan!
Daniel Polansky has created a dark, gritty place filled with demons, magic, murder and treachery. He also creates characters; some menacing some complicated; all interesting and multilayerd. You care about the central characters and want them to rise above it all. I hope this will be the first of many novels to come from Mr Polansky. I am a fan.
Gail G. (Northbrook, Illinois)

LOW TOWN A MYSTICAL MYSTERY by Daniel Polansky
The story takes place in a city called Rogus which is a part of the city of Thirteen Lands. This place is populate by many divergent cultures. The period of the story is not relevant. The story covers several genras--mystery, noir and fantasy.

The story moves along quickly but for some reason I didn't feel closure with the story's ending. It may be possible for a sequel to arrive within the next year or so?
Jill S. (Eagle, ID)

Great summer read
Low Town is a great book! Be forewarned, once you start it, you won't be able to put it down. This book has a little bit of everything--fantasy, action, and suspense. Mr. Polansky's descriptions and well developed characters make readers feel that they are actually with the Warden. The ending doesn't even disappoint. I hope to read more of the Warden in the future. Enjoy!
Dana W. (Elbridge, NY)

Low Town
Low Town presented itself as a mystery/lite sci-fi /adventure story. Daniel Polansky does a masterful job of describing both the look and the feel of Low Town and does the same with all of the characters involved with the story. It was an excellent read that I hope will be followed by many more.
Debi B. (Charleston, SC)

A Most Excellent Thriller
Low Town is a gritty, fast-paced, action-packed adventure which takes place in another time and place. Mr. Polansky is very descriptive, which made me feel I was with The Warden every step he took. I couldn't put this book down. I hope this is the first of many adventures for The Warden.
Les G. (Fort Collins, CO)

Excellent fantasy/thriller
Low Town by Daniel Polansky is a very well written fantasy/thriller. The fantasy elements are relatively minor, which is probably why I enjoyed it so much. It is an action-packed, fast-paced, thriller with an excellent conclusion. Palansky's vivid writing makes the scenes come alive, and the action never stops.

Thanks to BookBrowse First Impressions for a chance to read the ARC of this wonderful book.
Linda P. (Medford, WI)

Low Town
Low Town is an extremely dark fantasy. The writing style and the short action-packed chapters grabbed my attention and kept it. The atmosphere and the characters of Low Town were unappealing and grim, but I would read this author again. Anyone in the mood for something gruesome, quick, and entertaining should take up Daniel Polansky's debut novel.
Florence W. (Grand Island, New York)

Riviting novel
Low Town is a reviting fantasy novel which hooked me from the first chapter. Polansky's writing transports the reader to the dregs of society inhabiting Low Town. I was captivated by the characters, setting, and vivid language throughout this book. Not a novel I thought I would enjoy, but I just couldn't seem to put it down!

• Book Jacket: The Ensemble
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Comedown