Read what people think about Reckless by Cornelia Funke, and write your own review.

Reckless

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Reckless

CAROL D (04/26/11)

RECKLESS
I Picked up Reckless at a store going out of business. It was cheap and the cover looked interesting. Normally I am a sucker for a happy ending . This book from jump tells you not to expect one.

I started to read it not expecting to like it all that well but not too long I was drawn into the world behind the mirror......drawn into this book. I love how Funke took parts of tales and put her twist on them. I like the darkness of the book. I loved the character of Jacob. Jacob seems born for the for that dark world. Jacob is an adventurer but I do not think he sees himself clearly. I like how he makes the tought decisions at the drop of a hat. He does whatever it take to achieve his goal.

I know this book is aimed at children. I am well over 40 and I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good tale. Warning. This book ends with the makings of a sequel. I have searched the web and have not found when or if there will be a book two and you WILL want a book two.
Felix (09/24/10)

Disappointing...
Cruel, unoriginal, flat characters, unsatisfying end, pseudo-poetic language... Totally disappointing.

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Girl Before
    by JP Delaney

An enthralling psychological thriller of duplicity, death, and deception.

Rise
    by Cara Brookins

How a house built a family. An inspiring real-life story.

Win No Man's Land

No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

The Sellout
    by Paul Beatty
    Paul Beatty's The Sellout was one of those books that flew somewhat under the radar when it was...
  • Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages