Read what people think about Bad Boy by Peter Robinson, and write your own review.

Bad Boy

An Inspector Banks Novel

by Peter Robinson

Bad Boy by Peter Robinson X
Bad Boy by Peter Robinson

• Published in USA  Aug 2010
    Genre: Mysteries

There are currently 28 reader reviews for Bad Boy

Margaret R. (Atlanta, GA) (07/05/10)

Bad Boy
Another great Inspector Banks book! In this book Inspector Banks' complex character is made even more so by the involvement of his daughter as one of the victims. This book is a real page turner and one of Robinson's best. Highly recommended for all mystery/thriller lovers.
Virginia W. (Cloverdale, CA) (07/04/10)

Girl looking for a faster life influenced by "bad boy"
I generally like Alan Banks mysteries. "In a Dry Season" was excellent. "Bad Boy" starts off slow - I think I had read about 100 pages before the book became more interesting. Tracy Banks is involved with a bad boy, Annie Cabot is shot, Tracy does call 999 to help Annie, and Alan, who has been away on vacation in the US, comes home to all this bad news. I can't really recommend this book - nothing to figure out. Just a story of a girl, her father and her no-good boyfriend.
Patricia S. (Yankton, SD) (07/03/10)

A new treasure discovered
After achieving a moment of epiphany one calm and contemplative evening in the Arizona desert, Yorkshire DCI Alan Banks returns to England where his new found balance is immediately tested. His home is marked a crime scene. A close colleague and former lover lies near death in the hospital. His daughter is either on the run with, or a hostage of, a drug dealing killer. And he encounters his primary enemy in the police force who seems determined to undermine his efforts to solve the crimes. Subtle, well drawn characters and depth of plot development are displayed in Bad Boy the latest DCI Brandt police procedural by Peter Robinson. This is the first book that I have read in this series, but I have now collected all that I could find and look forward to many evenings of enjoyment. If you do not yet know DCI Banks, I urge you to read this book and discover him.
Sue P. (Richardson, TX) (07/02/10)

"Bad Boy" = GREAT Read!
This is the best Inspector Banks book in years, which is saying a great deal - because this whole series is excellent. I was absolutely riveted from the beginning. Characters (new and existing) were fully-fleshed and believable. Suspense ran extremely high and the action seemed to never stop. Don't start reading this book unless you are prepared to put everything else aside until you finish.

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Anatomy of a Miracle