Read what people think about The Language of Secrets by Dianne Dixon, and write your own review.

by Dianne Dixon

The Language of Secrets by Dianne Dixon

• Published in USA  Mar 2010

There are currently 17 reader reviews for The Language of Secrets

Linda K. (Belvidere, IL)

Captivating!
Sir Walter Scott probably said it best, “O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!”. No one wants to hurt the ones they love, but sometimes in our effort to protect those loved ones it seems necessary to engage in little white lies, or lies of omission, so as not to hurt their feelings or upset them. Justin Fisher learns just how damaging these “protective measures” can be when he returns to his childhood home after a few decades, to find that his parents are dead and buried and apparently, so is he! The gravestone beside those of his parents says Justin Fisher, beloved son, died at the age of three. What was to be a brief visit after a very long absence, turns into the realization that everything known and everything believed that formed the foundation of his life, has crumbled around him. Can Justin rebuild? Will his loved ones and those he never knew support him while he rebuilds his world?

Dianne Dixon writes a most intriguing story that will surely keep you flipping pages perhaps late into the night, while asking yourself if you’re really certain you and the people around you are really who you believe.
Joanne G. (Kennesaw, GA)

A Very Good Read
I think The Language of Secrets rates five stars because it was a very good read which was hard to put down. The author skillfully weaves an intricate plot with alternating chapters told by well-defined characters over a period of time. The intriguing results of decisions made by these all too human people accompanied by unexpected twists of fate provide much for book group discussion.
Gail I.

The Language of Secrets
I found this book to be a real page turner that kept me interested to the end. The author, a screenwriter, knows how to write a story which keeps the reader wanting for more information to solve the puzzle.

The style is easy to read and chapters are named for the character, place, and date of the event. It flashes back and forth between the present and past events which helps the reader t understand some of what has happened, although it has a surprise twist at the end.

It's relatively light reading and would be a good book to take on a trip. I can see a movie version in the future. It did remind me of Jodi Picoult's novels.
Sandie F. (Eaton, OH)

The Language of Secrets
One of those books that has you from page one. Lots of twist and turns that keeps you wanting to read more. Loved the ending, not at all what I expected. Really enjoyed this book and hope to see more by this author.
Mary Ellen B. (Hebron, CT)

Language of Secrets--A Terrific Read
This is a novel that builds gradually as the layers peel away. On the surface, it starts when a man tries to connect with his parents who he has not seen since he left home. This journey results in a shocking series of revelations. The mysteries move the story along as the pieces fall into place.

Poignant and beautifully paced.
Jane A. (Lakeport, Ca)

A reader's delight........
The very first chapter prepares the reader for a whale of a story, and Dianne Dixon fulfills that promise to the fullest. Her story has many facets, each of which is explored thoroughly; there are no loose ends, but many unexpected turns. At no point did the story lose momentum;' I couldn't put it down until I had read the final page!
Rachel D. (Leominster, MA)

The Language of Secrets
I loved this book, it has everything - love, drama horror, suspense. I would compare it to Jodi Picoult's books. Sat down to take a look at it and read non stop till the end. Will look forward to more from this author.
Barbara C.

Liked This One!
I didn't intend to sit down and read it immediately, but I read the first page...and kept on going! Enjoyable page-turner that should generate excellent book group discussions. Can't wait to handsell it to my customers.

• Book Jacket: New People