Read what people think about The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, and write your own review.

by Dan Brown

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown X
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

• Published in USA  Sep 2009
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 8 reader reviews for The Lost Symbol

Lily

The lost symbol-Dan brown
It is such a good book. It contains good facts and interesting details about this world that not a lot of us know. I really recommend reading it. I also love the way Dan Brown writes and he shows and not tell what’s happening.
SHUBHAM

A VERY INTERSTING BOOK
It is a book from which I have gained some knowledge, and I also want that every person should read the novels of Dan BROWN . Thank you for featuring this novel.
lisleyreyes

The Lost Symbol
The Lost Symbol is indeed a very interesting story... the flow of the story is unpredictable... you will surely solve the case by yourself... :) Try this one..
Tanmoy Sarkar

The Lost Symbol
It’s yet another mystery rockers from Dan Brown called “The Lost Symbol” that will make you experience the thrill of Robert Langdon mystery adventure. Full of action, application of wisdom and knowledge, fast paced story telling, all the essentials of a successful murder mystery are here in this collection.
Jeffrey H

The Lost Symbol- Summary and Review
The Lost Symbol, written by author Dan Brown is quite possibly one of the most pulse-heightening, action-filled, nose-in-book thrillers that I have ever read. Being a fan of Brown, I would have to this is his best work yet, with more to come, I'm sure. This particular book focuses on the secrets and mysteries behind Freemasonry.

There was a concept concealed in the reading that I thought was very interesting. Langdon is told by Solomon that the “secrets of life are hidden in plain sight”, noting that man is a part of God; that through the thoughts of many minds, becomes one, being God. This is a principle that anyone who has faith in a deity would find interesting. The concept that we create God with our thoughts and are actions is quite interesting, and for those devoted to a religious background, it is a principle that should shake their world.

Overall, I felt that The Lost Symbol was a great success. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has the ability and desire to grasp theories of the meaning of life and the afterlife. Very impressive, Dan Brown. B.
eyen amos

at it again
Dan Brown's latest work is such a unique work; here we see Robert Langdon return. The symbologist we saw in Da Vinci code becomes even more daring, uncovering written enigmas and unearthing long lost truths. It is exhilarating. Indeed Brown is the king daddy of fiction.
Cloggie Downunder

entertaining
The Lost Symbol is the 3rd in Dan Brown’s Robert Langdon series. The story goes over 24 hours and starts with Langdon being flown by private jet to Washington to give a lecture as a favour to his long-time friend (and Mason), Peter Solomon. Soon enough, this turns out to be a ruse, and Langdon finds himself at the Capitol’s Rotunda where Solomon’s severed and tattooed hand is left by a mysterious man. Langdon’s expertise as a symbologist is demanded to find and solve legendary Masonic Pyramid. The CIA are involved, and soon the action hots up. This book is (of course, as a Robert Langdon novel) filled with symbols, codes and puzzles, religious icons, lots of technology, chases and escapes, a seemingly invincible villain who is not what he seems, plot twists, apparently impossible resurrections and a virtual travelogue of Washington DC. There are some obvious flaws, and we are asked to believe that some characters will bizarrely put up with lengthy and unnecessary inconvenience. It is fiction, after all. But it is, nonetheless, exciting and fast moving. There are many facts about Washington and Masons and Ancient Mysteries. I couldn’t get the image of Tom Hanks out of my head for Robert Langdon, although he really doesn’t fit this description. I thought the climax was a bit anti-. Entertaining, all the same.
chris-metroskunk3000

debbie downer
The Lost Symbol was a total let down. I don't agree with any of the previous reader reviews. The first 200 to 300 pages were really great. But then suddenly the second half of the book comes to an absolute halt. What took another 200 pages of material could have been summed up in 50. The writing in the second half also reads as if Brown got bored with the book himself and just began writing anything as fast as he could to finish it. And even worse, the book reads like an apology to the Freemasons for any "misunderstandings" the DaVinci Code may have created about the organizations.

• Book Jacket: I Found My Tribe

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes