Read what people think about Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann, and write your own review.

Let the Great World Spin

by Colum McCann

Let the Great World Spin

• Published in USA  Jun 2009

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Let the Great World Spin

Sandra (08/04/11)

And the world keeps turning
Unbelievable character development. Each chapter could be a short story. All parts tied together in the end.
Dana (07/24/10)

Ended Up Loving This Book
I began reading this book for a reading club, and almost quit. It seemed so disjointed and I was completely confused. But deciding to read on, skimming whole paragraphs if necessary, I eventually felt as if this were a great jazz piece. Disparate themes with disparate characters, each giving a different variation on a theme, until I finally understood in whole. Parts which very poetic and so beautifully expressed. I find myself feeling deeply entwined with this tapestry of characters and life.
varda ducovny (03/04/10)

A book I never could have written, but wish that I could have
Usually when I read novel, I think it is something I might have written. Not so with Let the Great World Spin. In this fiction collage which meticulously explores the characters' vulnerabilities, McAnn achieves a poetic resonance which surpasses any fiction I've read in years. It is never pretentious or contrived, it simply hums with melancholy and sensitivity. It stays with me and makes me both sad and grateful.

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    The Mothers
    by Brit Bennett

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.

by Paulette Jiles