Read what people think about Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson, and write your own review.

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson X
Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson

There are currently 14 reader reviews for Chains

Sydney (04/20/18)

love it
I really like this book. I think it's one of my faves now. I even got to meet the author! I had to read this book for the English Festival and it was soooo good! The twist she put this story opposed to other stories about slavery was unique. I recommend you read this, and ignore the people who hate it. Unless you really don't like historical fiction, listen to them, but in my opinion it's only boring at the beginning but there is a lot of interesting parts to make up for it.
alexandria evans (11/04/14)

chains review
This book was amazing. I was hooked when I read the first paragraph! This book really helped me understand the revolutionary war better, and entertained me as well.
Tslay1 (07/31/13)

Overall good book
I give this book a 4. The book was overall a good book and well written. The only thing I disliked about the book was at the beginning of every chapter there was like a poem or a letter, and I did not understand them.
Pzreich (08/20/12)

Chains review
I think that this book deserves 11 points out of 10. Though i am not a historical fiction, Chains really stands out to me. i can relate to most characters, especially Isabella. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend. Thank you for this book, Laurie Halse Anderson!
Bookwriter (02/29/12)

Fabulous!
I have no idea what you other bozos are talking about. This is the best most inspiring book ever... You guys lost your mind :P Get a Life
Unknown (02/27/12)

My Point of View
I think this book is the most boring book I have ever lay my eyes on. I have to read this book for a class project, but I rather fail the class instead of torturing myself with this boring book.I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS BOOK !!!!
KJ (02/26/12)

Chains
I hated this book. I thought is awful. I did not enjoy it, but I had to read it for a school project. I did not like it because it was historical fiction. i dislike historical fiction books.
Bookworrms (12/08/11)

gooood
This is a great book and taught me a lot about myself and people around that time period. It is unlike most historical fiction books which put me to sleep! I finished it in a day because I couldn't put it down. Please read this book, you will become Isabel as you do.

• Book Jacket: I Found My Tribe

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes