Read what people think about Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch, and write your own review.

Time of My Life

by Allison Winn Scotch

Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch X
Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch

• Published in USA  Oct 2008

There are currently 15 reader reviews for Time of My Life

Mary (Greeley, CO)

Revisiting Choices
Even though I am generally a little too much of a realist to comfortably read and enjoy stories of time travel, I was nonetheless very excited to read Allison Winn Scotch's new novel. I have to admit that the concept of the main character (Jillian) retreating seven years and reliving (possibly even altering) events did strain my brain at times. That aside, I really responded to the emotional honesty of Jilly as she worked her way through issues, and the writing itself was crisp, clever, and engaging. Toward the end, I almost couldn't wait to see how it all resolved, and I always love when I feel that kind of uncertainty and anticipation in a book. It was a great read and a book I will definitely recommend to my friends.
La Deana

The Road Not Taken
Time of my Life is a nicely written book of "what ifs" that many women face. What if I chose a different guy? What if I didn't have this child or this job? Do our choices ultimately matter or does how we handle our choices matter more? I enjoyed this somewhat lighthearted look at the road not taken. Ms. Scotch gives us a fun story wrapped around the premise that sometimes what really needs to change is us.I would recommend this book for anyone looking for a quick read with a little twist!
Sue

A great read
I really enjoyed Time of My Life, I had a hard time putting it down. When Jillian is transported back seven years into her old life she is confronted with the ability to change her life. This story caused me to reflect on my own choices I have made and question the "what ifs". Through Jillian's journey, we learn that hindsight is twenty-twenty and we can learn from our mistakes. I highly recommend this book.
Carol

Time of my LIfe
What gal or guy hasn’t thought – what if I had only chosen Lonnie instead of Jim or Cindy instead of Sue, what if? Or in the case of Jill Westfield, the main character in Allison Scotch’s funny, but honest and latest novel, “Time of My Life” – Jackson instead of Henry. This tale, based on the 1940’s idiom - hindsight is anything but twenty-twenty. Jill finds herself seven years in the past and is given a chance to revisit her life as a highly paid advertising executive, a stay- at-home wife and a devoted mother. Through trial and error Jill rethinks her biggest decisions and find that life’s decisions are rarely black and white. Good vacation read!
Mary

Time of My Life
This book asks the big question among middle-agers, the what ifs. "What if I had chosen the other path? What would have been the consequences? Would my life have been more satisfying and happier? What if . . ., what if . . .?" It's a question we wrestle with daily. Time of My Life lets you "see" what happens when a wife and mother does have that opportunity to revisit the past. Are the consequences of second-chance decisions any better? Are they satisfying?

This is a good book to read for fun and pleasure, but it also has a deeper side. It will nudge you to think of the decisions in your life and perhaps put the "what ifs" in their proper place.

I also must add I love the cover!
Helen

Reflections
Boy, did I enjoy this book. I wonder at the age of Allison Winn Scotch for she has so much life information and she relates it in a manner we can all hear. I felt her tears and I heard her laughter. The arrangement of the novel is no small feat and we, her readers, are the winners. You cannot help but reflect on your life as you share Jillian's.The ultimate what if. Good read.
Meg

Mommy Lit Meets Back to the Future
I have to confess I wasn't too thrilled when I read the premise of this plot - time traveling always gives me a headache as I end to overthink it, which ultimately ends up taking away from the story. But I decided to go with it and call it 'altered reality' instead of 'time traveling' and ended up enjoying it the way I enjoyed "Freaky Friday" when I was a kid, or the latest Sophie Kinsella (non-Shopaholic) novel. I found myself rooting for just about all the characters in the book (except for a few rather obnoxious ones who I won't reveal here).

About half way through I had to keep myself from turning to the last few pages to find out how it all turned out - but I refrained from doing so, and by the time I got to the end of the book, was happy with the conclusion, and was equally happy I hadn't ruined it for myself by peeking. It was a clever premise and was fun to read, especially with some of the details Allison Winn Scotch sneaks in (the main character can always win bets on who will get kicked off of 'Survivor', since she'd already seen the season several years before in her 'other' life - !). This is a light novel with some poignant moments that will have you plowing through it to see how it all turns out.
Diane

Lively book club discussions
For those who have enjoyed Sophie Kinsella's bestseller "Remember Me", Allison Winn Scotch's "Time of My Life" is the flip side.

Jillian wonders if she made a mistake leaving her artistic, laid-back boyfriend Jack and marrying logical, hard-charging Henry.

I wasn't sure I would like the conceit of Jillian traveling back in time, but Scotch's writing pulled me into the story, and I raced through the book to get to the conclusion.

Book club discussions about this book will be lively, as this novel strikes a chord with any woman who has ever felt overwhelmed with childrearing responsibilities.

• Book Jacket: American Histories
    by Madeline Miller

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes