Read what people think about Green Monster by Rick Shefchik, and write your own review.

A Sam Skarda Mystery

Genre: Mysteries

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Green Monster

Melanie

Loved it....
Being a die hard Red Sox fan certainly made this an enjoyable read for me. I loved reading about all the local references and some of the details from the World Series games that Boston won!!!

Although I *am* a true Red Sox fan, I do believe that any lover of baseball would truly enjoy this book. It was well detailed and the story flowed nicely. I enjoyed the character development as well!!!

A great book made even better by adding a little bit of Red Sox Nation!! :)
Mary

Green Monster
I enjoyed this book very much. I am a baseball fan, but I think even someone who doesn't follow baseball would enjoy the book.

The mystery has interesting characters, several different locations, humor, and baseball facts and lore mixed in, all of which keep the story moving and hard to put down. This was a great read, especially during baseball season.
Jeff

Green Monster
Despite being a Yankee fan who is still smarting from the Red Sox coming back from 3 games down to beat NY and then win the World Series in 2004, I gave "Green Monster" a try and really liked it. Thought the mystery was well plotted with a number of surprises and twists along the way. I found the sports theme to be interesting and will probably look from Shedchik's first novel dealing with the Masters as the backdrop. I'd recommend Green Monster to mystery fans. It's a fast read.
David

No Fear of THIS Green Monster!
I really enjoyed this book. The only downfall is keeping track of all the myriad characters that pop into the plot from Boston to L.A. to Venezuela! Sam Skarda is an accomplished private eye and does a commendable and engaging job of solving the mystery. There are several murders, a kidnapping, and a resurrected son. All of this adds to the excitement of the plot! Being from New England I could identify with many of the MLB players and recognized many familiar places along the way of a fine and suspenseful plot! I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a surprise ending to a well written story.
Gerald

Red Sox Nation Under Seige
Although baseball and the Boston Red Sox are at the heart of this mystery novel, even Yankee fans will enjoy it. You don't even have to be a baseball fan to appreciate the multi-dimension characters and the well written, fast moving plot. This is a quick and very enjoyable read.
Power Reviewer Mary

Spotlight on Red Sox Nation
This is a great beach read - fast paced and a quick summer read! All baseball fans will love this mystery. The characters are multifaceted and there are good twists and turns not all predictable. I found it to be a very enjoyable page turner, sheer enjoyment not "great literature"! As a Red Sox fan, I loved the familiar players and local places and anyone from Boston especially would love to read it!
Stephen

For those huge Sox fans!!!
I've never been a big fan of continuing series books so I go in with a bit of hesitation here. After reading this book, I would summarize it as a good mystery novel but maybe not for your average fan. This one will get its most enjoyment from diehard Red Sox fans. Though I like the Sox, I must admit that they are not my favorite team.

The character development could have been better, however the twist and turns are enough to keep you turning the pages.

All in all, not a bad book just don't expect to see it come Edgar award time.
Eileen

Titletown
Green Monster is a great selection for Red Sox fans and fans of baseball. It is a good book for a long plane trip or a day at the beach. Green Monster is a fun read, full of action and characters you enjoy knowing. Sam Skarda, The P.I. , is especially engaging. The story keeps you guessing until the end and is very topical.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Louise Erdrich

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Elizabeth Berg

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

E Dog H I D