Read what people think about Findings by Mary Anna Evans, and write your own review.

Findings

• Published in USA  Jul 2008
    Genre: Mysteries

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Findings

Barbara

I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
Even though the book is part of a series and I had not read any of the previous books, this story stands on it's own. The author did an excellent job in relating the familiarity of the characters with each other, without making the reader feel they were on the outside of the story. It is a great mix of mystery and historic fiction - I will recommend it to my mystery and history loving friends!
Angelina

Green with Envy
I'm always amazed at how mystery writers plot their stories and how they can keep the reader entertained throughout. This book plays into that by keeping me turning the pages and wondering how everything fit together. The descriptions of Joyeuse Island makes me want to take a trip there. And Faye is a wonderfully intelligent character who you connect with from the beginning.
Fred

findings
A very good page turner,so good that I'm ordering her other three books.
Linda

Findings by Mary Anna Evans
I am quite surprised by how I was absolutely smitten with this book and regret that
Findings is my first reading in this series about the archaeologist Faye Longchamp.

I would have loved to watch the characters develop over the first three books
particularly the relationship between Faye, Joe and Ross. That being said, Findings is able to stand on its own merits if you haven’t read the previous books in the series. A few murders, valuable gemstones, a love triangle and insights into life in the Confederate South during the Civil War coupled with Evans intelligent writing made for an irresistible storyline. I sign up for First Impressions so I have an opportunity to discover new authors and am very pleased to add Mary Anna Evans to my list.
Loren

Archeological mystery
Findings is the fourth mystery featuring archeologist Faye Longchamp. I recommend reading the first three novels before reading the fourth as there is a lot of character development with each succeeding book.

Each of these novels is not only a very well written character-driven mystery but also is filled with fascinating archaeological and historical information.

I highly recommend Findings as well as the first three novels.
Randi

Excellent Mystery
I loved this book. I thought it was the best mystery I'd read in a long time. I wasn't able to figure out who the perpetrator was before the end of the story. And I really enjoyed the setting, and the background of the civil war.

I haven't read any other books in the series, but plan on doing so right away.
Jeanne

Island setting provides great backdrop
Findings is the fourth in a series featuring Faye Longchamp and Joe, her Native American Assistant/Friend. Faye, whose ancestors had been slaves, owns (with some difficulty) a family home on an island off the Florida Panhandle coast. All the characters both friend and foe are fully dimensional. Entangled in the story are letters written during the Civil War which set off a murderous treasure hunt. I enjoyed the story which ends on a very dramatic note, but most interesting was the island setting. I certainly will purchase the first three titles.
Kathy

Hidden Jewels
Findings is a delightful, "cozy" mystery story with the hero and heroine being an archaeologist and her best friend a Native American. Who knew archeology could be such a dangerous profession? Not having read any of the author’s previous books I did not know the characters or some of the references to previous happenings. The heroine, Faye, has gotten herself into many dangerous situations, but being highly resourceful, is able to extricate herself – just in time! This book was an interesting blend of history and mystery – the underlying theme is the mystery of relationships and what lengths people will go to, both for the positive relationships and those where greed and malice are key elements. This is nice mystery to read and now that I am familiar with the author will pick up her previous books.

• Book Jacket: Circe
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...
  • Book Jacket: Winter Sisters
    Winter Sisters
    by Robin Oliveira
    Winter Sisters begins with an epic blizzard (see Beyond the Book) hitting the entire Northeast of ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes