Read what people think about Madapple by Christina Meldrum, and write your own review.

Madapple by Christina Meldrum X
Madapple by Christina Meldrum

• Published in USA  May 2008

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Madapple

Leslie

Awesome!
i totally loved this book. Every page was filled with an adventure. the book was like an addiction to me i could not put it down! Love the mystery and twist it has to it. It should absolutely become a movie i would watch it.! Overall it was a very good book.
Kathleen

Madapple: Captivating and Complex
Madapple is a very good read and evoked many emotions in me. I was captivated by the characters in this story and at times, was even willing to suspend rational thinking and accept the "miracle birth". The terrible truth took me by surprise, which hopefully is more indicative of the author's skill than my naivety. I highly recommend this book to adults and mature teens , especially those who are interested in herbs, complex relationships, and the dichotomy between religion and science. The subject matter may be disturbing to some readers and if you don't care about herbs, this book might be hard to enjoy, but Madapple is sure to generate a great discussion.
Ann

Madapple
I purchase books for teenagers; therefore I was intrigued by Madapple.

Aslaug, isolated from society, still manifests traits of an adolescent. Her naivete hinders her ability to understand some situations, but frees her from limitations in seeking solutions as well.

Some teens and parents might find the book objectionable, but the questions which might arise can lead to thoughtful discussions. I would include it in the collection I oversee.

The author's knowledge of botany and religions and her ability to weave them into the very core of the book is impressive.

Personally I found Madapple beautifully written, enlightening, and thought provoking.
Karen

WOW!
Wow! That is the first word that came to mind when I finished this book. "Madapple" is listed as a book for teens, but as an adult, I absolutely loved it. There was mystery, intrigue and dysfunction all rolled into an amazing story. When I closed the book after reading the last page, I just sat there a minute, thinking. This book made me THINK! Many questions pop into your mind as you are reading, and they are all answered by the end of the story. I would recommend this book to everyone...adults and the teens it was intended for. A great book!
Velma

Something Different
Madapple is a strange,compelling book that defies you to put it down. Classified for young adult readers it has an adult feel in its exploration of relationships, reality, and religion. Parents should be aware that it includes dark and/or controversial subjects which might be disturbing for some teenagers. That said, I found it to be an intelligent and enjoyable read. Definitely different from your average story.
sarah doerr

solomon's seal
I thought this was a very unpredictable but extraordinaire book with a twist.
Becky.

This is great.!.
I love this book. It was interesting and it made me think. The other languages being used in it was kind of weird though, despite that I love it. This should become a movie the audiences would love it!
Brandy Nichole Noel

What is a Madapple ?
Madapple is a strange book and hard to follow at times, but it is one to keep the mind running at all times. It has a slow start but it is worth the mystery in the end. Madapple will keep you puzzling till the very end and still after. A very good book, that I will pass on to friends and family. I recomend this book highly for anyone who has questions about their own life and wonder why there life is so out of wack, because I guarantee that aslaugs life is more twisted than you can imagine and getting worse everyday. A madapple is more than some kind of plant/drug it is the title to a life that changes everyday and can not know what to expect, not even the unexpected.

• Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund