Read what people think about The Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, and write your own review.

The Palace of Illusions

by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

The Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

• Published in USA  Feb 2008
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There are currently 17 reader reviews for The Palace of Illusions

Cecilia (02/24/08)

Entertaining and Engaging
I am a fan of Divakaruni and have enjoyed her previous novels. This is a departure from her earlier writing. It is a retelling of the Mahabharat epic from the point of view of the women, primarily Princess Panchaali, born of fire and married to the five kings of India. While the characters do not have the same depth of development as those in her other novels, this is still an engrossing and engaging story. The writing is beautiful, especially the almost lyrical descriptions of the palace and gardens. I found the Indian mythology fascinating, with some parallels to Greek and Roman mythology but also very unique.The women's perspective makes the story even more engaging.

• Book Jacket: Perfect Little World
    Perfect Little World
    by Kevin Wilson
    It might be the beginning of a tragic story: Izzy Poole falls in love with her mentally unstable ...
  • Book Jacket: Pachinko

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it

K Your F C