Read what people think about Dervishes by Beth Helms, and write your own review.

Dervishes

by Beth Helms

Dervishes by Beth Helms

• Published in USA  Mar 2008

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Dervishes

Ginger (11/28/07)

Dervishes by Beth Helms
I thought this book would be an interesting read with fully fleshed out characters and a mesmerizing plot. I was very disappointed. The character development was shallow; the characters were all cardboard figures with no depth and very superficial dialogue. The writing style was difficult to follow. I kept wondering when Ms Helms would get to the point of the novel. I was confused much of the time. I found myself having to go back to what I had read previously in order to understand what I was reading in the present. The author didn't provide many details about the country and the city where the action takes place. I thought that would be integral to the story. I think the author did not achieve what she had set out to do; namely, to show the intrigue and deception that was supposed to be at the heart of the novel. I had to force myself to keep reading it, I finished the book, however, I just skimmed the last ten pages or so. I would not recommend this book to anyone.

Being Mortal by Atul Gawande

Never Coming Back
    by Alison McGhee

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F