Read what people think about What-the-Dickens by Gregory Maguire, and write your own review.

What-the-Dickens

very good
I love this book!
Lina

A fun read!
I am an avid reader and picked this book up on a whim without ever reading anything of the authors before. I really enjoyed this book because it was something so different and it reminded me of the magic of childhood.

I loved how in a sense it was two stories going on at once, I thought that for the most part the transitions worked well. I enjoyed some giggles and was curious as the book continued to know what was next. The author did a great job painting the picture without overdoing with too much detail.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a enjoyable read that is a nice escape, an easy read and just fun. :)
S.L. B.

Not the best of the best but a good book
I'll be the first to say that this is not an award winning book but it is very entertaining....I was captured by the imagination of it being about a fairy and not a Peter Pan type. If you are in the mood to read something different than what you are used to and just want to pass your winter blue's, you ought to read this book. I dare say "What the Dickens" could it hurt?
JustinH37

A very good book
I thought this was a very good book. At the end of ever chapter it had me wanting to keep on reading. With every turn of the page it would get more exciting and more interesting.
Allahna

What i thought of What-the-dickens
This is a really good book. Not what thought it would be. Like What-the-dickens I like to asked a lot of question and most of the time people get mad at me. Any way if you are reading what I wrote I just have to say READ THIS BOOK!
mileyana24

BORING
I did not find this book very interesting. It seemed like a weird theme. I did this book for my summer project, I am used to books with drama and action adventure and comedy, but in my opinion the 1st 144 pages are boring.

Smoke
    by Dan Vyleta
  • Book Jacket: Golden Hill
    Golden Hill
    by Francis Spufford
  • Book Jacket: Midnight at the Electric
    Midnight at the Electric
    by Jodi Lynn Anderson
    The world changes, but humanity stays the same. Whether a book takes place in the year 1510 or 2010,...

Win The Library of Light and Shadow

The Library of Light and Shadow by M.J. Rose

The Almost Sisters

A powerful, emotionally resonant novel of the South.

T H Are B T O