Read what people think about Paint It Black by Janet Fitch, and write your own review.

Paint It Black

There is 1 reader review for Paint It Black

Janice Y

Paint it Black
Dear Ms. Fitch:
Living in South Dakota where there are miles and miles between places I pass the long rides away by listening to many books on CD. When done I donate them to the library or exchange them with others.

I recently purchased your “Paint it Black” story. I am not a prude and will over look an occasional F word but I couldn’t get through even one CD without hearing the F word too many times.(at least 50 to 100 times) I ejected it and will pitch the whole book.

Your story is probably very good but why would you feel it necessary to use the F word so many times?

I sure hope you are not teaching others that they can use it as an easy way to fill pages. Do you get paid by the word?

I do not mean to criticize but most people don’t talk this way and would prefer not to read or hear it over and over.

The kerplunk you hear is the sound of the audio book landing in the trash.

• Book Jacket: Golden Hill
    Golden Hill
    by Francis Spufford
  • Book Jacket: Midnight at the Electric
    Midnight at the Electric
    by Jodi Lynn Anderson
    The world changes, but humanity stays the same. Whether a book takes place in the year 1510 or 2010,...
    by Paulette Jiles
    Paulette Jiles brings the landscape of late 19th century Texas to life in this novel long-listed for...

Win The Library of Light and Shadow