Reader reviews and comments on A False Sense of Well Being, plus links to write your own review.

A False Sense of Well Being

by Jeanne Braselton

A False Sense of Well Being by Jeanne Braselton X
A False Sense of Well Being by Jeanne Braselton

Oct 2001, 352 pages
    Oct 2002, 368 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for A False Sense of Well Being

Kim Stalling

I so agree with Mary Sullivan on her review of this book. My friend recommended the book and even said it reminded her of a book the two of us would write, so I jumped in with much enthusiasm only to be sorely disappointed.
"Dull" is the perfect description for the text. I kept waiting for something to happen to the main character - something worth reading about. The character comes across as a spoiled, lost soul who really has very few problems in her life. The issues she tries to overcome will seem somewhat petty and unimportant to any reader who has ever had to deal with any type of real problem. I just never developed any sort of bond with the character that made me want to find out what became of her.

Like Ms. Sullivan, I, too, had great difficulty making it through the text. However, I did read the book in its entirety and the ending is somewhat moving. I also appreciated the occasional humor throughout the book; therefore I felt the rating of 2 out of 5 was more appropriate.
Mary R Sullivan

I found this book dull, unbelievable, and depressing. The main character is shallow and the others are unsympathetic
caricatures. I kept reading it with the hope that it would get better, that the dialogue would become less stilted and
affected, that the plot would at least become somewhat intriguing, . . . but it didn't happen. Every time I managed to
get through another 20 pages, I'd put it down feeling as if I'd eaten something bad. About 3/4 of the way through the
book, I could not bring myself to pick it up one more time.

Some reviewers apparently liked this book and I can't, for the life of me, figure why. I wonder what else is on their book
list?

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund