Reader reviews and comments on A False Sense of Well Being, plus links to write your own review.

A False Sense of Well Being

by Jeanne Braselton

A False Sense of Well Being by Jeanne Braselton

Oct 2001, 352 pages
    Oct 2002, 368 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for A False Sense of Well Being

Kim Stalling (07/12/04)

I so agree with Mary Sullivan on her review of this book. My friend recommended the book and even said it reminded her of a book the two of us would write, so I jumped in with much enthusiasm only to be sorely disappointed.
"Dull" is the perfect description for the text. I kept waiting for something to happen to the main character - something worth reading about. The character comes across as a spoiled, lost soul who really has very few problems in her life. The issues she tries to overcome will seem somewhat petty and unimportant to any reader who has ever had to deal with any type of real problem. I just never developed any sort of bond with the character that made me want to find out what became of her.

Like Ms. Sullivan, I, too, had great difficulty making it through the text. However, I did read the book in its entirety and the ending is somewhat moving. I also appreciated the occasional humor throughout the book; therefore I felt the rating of 2 out of 5 was more appropriate.
Mary R Sullivan (01/23/04)

I found this book dull, unbelievable, and depressing. The main character is shallow and the others are unsympathetic
caricatures. I kept reading it with the hope that it would get better, that the dialogue would become less stilted and
affected, that the plot would at least become somewhat intriguing, . . . but it didn't happen. Every time I managed to
get through another 20 pages, I'd put it down feeling as if I'd eaten something bad. About 3/4 of the way through the
book, I could not bring myself to pick it up one more time.

Some reviewers apparently liked this book and I can't, for the life of me, figure why. I wonder what else is on their book
list?

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...
  • Book Jacket: Inferno
    Inferno
    by Steven Hatch
    The word "Ebola" sets off an almost visceral reaction in many of us; we think about the men, women ...

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R