Reader reviews and comments on The Passion of Artemisia, plus links to write your own review.

The Passion of Artemisia

by Susan Vreeland

The Passion of Artemisia by Susan Vreeland X
The Passion of Artemisia by Susan Vreeland

Jan 2002, 320 pages
    Jan 2003, 368 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Passion of Artemisia

Joy Stout

Our local General Federation of Women's Clubs read this book and discussed it. The book was an engaging, graphic account of Artemisia. It gave the reader a deep sense of how it was to be a woman in the 1600's and how extraordinary this woman was. We then studied her paintings. The book gave us a deeper appreciation and understanding of the paintings as we discussed where she was when she painted it, how she made her color choices, who her patrons were and how the painting evolved. This was a wonderful book.
Lynn Foggle

Perhaps because I am an artist I chose to recommend this book to our book club. Since no one else had any objection it was agreed upon and subsequently, each woman has called to thank me for a wonderful read.... and we haven't had our "book talk" yet! It's a wonderfully written book, meticulously researched and powerfully evocative of the strength of Artemesia Gentileschi; the first woman admitted to the Academia in Florence. The descriptions of the paintings and their construction are fantastic. A great little book!

• Book Jacket: Gateway to the Moon
    Gateway to the Moon
    by Mary Morris
    Miguel Torres is a teenager living in Entrada de la Luna, a poverty-stricken dot on the New Mexico ...
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: The Ensemble
    The Ensemble
    by Aja Gabel

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

Win The Comedown