Reader reviews and comments on The Summons, plus links to write your own review.

The Summons

by John Grisham

The Summons by John Grisham

Feb 2002, 384 pages
    Dec 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 49 reader reviews for The Summons

Kay

The Summons
What I liked best about this Grisham book was that Ray was SO human; scared, can't shoot a gun, not sure what to do. So many of Grisham's heros are so smart, physically fit, etc. that they feel like fiction, but Ray was someone I can relate to. He was real. Also, haven't you ever wondered what you would do if you suddenly came across 3 million and had to hide it? Loved it!
Spencer

An exciting legal thriller
I really enjoyed this book and would strongly recommend it. It had a great plot and a great ending. Once again, excellent job Mr. Grisham!
Ashlee

This book was great I'm 17 and just love each and every one of Grisham's book however this one is among my favorites. The build up to the end was exciting, and suspenseful. The book was very well written and I would recommend it to anyone who likes thrillers with a bit of mystery.
Anonymous

Totally awesome after I read this book I really love John Grisham's books. I am 16 and now love his books.
Erin

The book was full of detail which made it easy reading. The end has a twist so read it and find out the mystery yourself!
Matt

I'm 16 years old, but I read the book when I was 14 and I remember it being quite enjoyable like most of Mr. Grisham's books. Though I do agree that it starts of quite slow, but I myself it was worth the wait because it was highly climatic at the end. I highly recommend it to readers of all ages above 13. It was one the the more entertaining books I have read.
Mary

I am 16 and I thought that this book was awesome! I started out really good with Ray finding the money and it got exciting at the end which made it go fast!
Josh

This was my first Grisham book and it is my favorite. I couldn't put it down. One night I read untill 4:00 AM!! I liked this book because 1.There were plenty of twists and turns,
2. The ending was unexpectred, and
3. It was written by John Grisam.
I have also read The Street Lawyer. I am starting on The Runaway Jury.

• Book Jacket: Midwinter Break

The Twelve-Mile Straight
    by Eleanor Henderson

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E