MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Summons, plus links to write your own review.

The Summons

Dec 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 50 reader reviews for The Summons

Mike

Mississippi
Like many of John Grisham's fine novels this story meanders along like the great Mississippi then ends with the rapids.
Kay

The Summons
What I liked best about this Grisham book was that Ray was SO human; scared, can't shoot a gun, not sure what to do. So many of Grisham's heros are so smart, physically fit, etc. that they feel like fiction, but Ray was someone I can relate to. He was real. Also, haven't you ever wondered what you would do if you suddenly came across 3 million and had to hide it? Loved it!
Spencer

An exciting legal thriller
I really enjoyed this book and would strongly recommend it. It had a great plot and a great ending. Once again, excellent job Mr. Grisham!
Ashlee

This book was great I'm 17 and just love each and every one of Grisham's book however this one is among my favorites. The build up to the end was exciting, and suspenseful. The book was very well written and I would recommend it to anyone who likes thrillers with a bit of mystery.

Totally awesome after I read this book I really love John Grisham's books. I am 16 and now love his books.
Erin

The book was full of detail which made it easy reading. The end has a twist so read it and find out the mystery yourself!
Matt

I'm 16 years old, but I read the book when I was 14 and I remember it being quite enjoyable like most of Mr. Grisham's books. Though I do agree that it starts of quite slow, but I myself it was worth the wait because it was highly climatic at the end. I highly recommend it to readers of all ages above 13. It was one the the more entertaining books I have read.
Mary

I am 16 and I thought that this book was awesome! I started out really good with Ray finding the money and it got exciting at the end which made it go fast!

• Book Jacket: Race Against Time
    Race Against Time
    by Jerry Mitchell
    Jerry Mitchell spent nearly three decades trailing cold cases from the Civil Rights Movement. As a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Resisters
    The Resisters
    by Gish Jen
    Gish Jen's The Resisters depicts a future United States, dubbed AutoAmerica, where climate change ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mercies
    The Mercies
    by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
    It's 1617 and a violent storm has claimed the lives of 40 fishermen off the coast of Vardø, a ...
    Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
    Ya Ta, the main character in Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani's novel, Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree, ...

The Mountains Sing
    by Nguyen Phan Que Mai

An enveloping, multigenerational tale set against the backdrop of the Viet Nam War.

I Want You to Know We're Still Here
    by Esther Safran Foer

"A vivid testimony to the power of memory."
    - Kirkus (starred review)

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win Mostly Dead Things

Mostly Dead Things
by Kristen Arnett

"Hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart."
- BuzzFeed