Reader reviews and comments on Miracle At St. Anna, plus links to write your own review.

Miracle At St. Anna

by James McBride

Miracle At St. Anna by James McBride X
Miracle At St. Anna by James McBride

Feb 2002, 228 pages
    Jan 2003, 304 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Miracle At St. Anna

Anonymous

what an amazing, gripping work. everyone should read. each character is so detailed and skillfully drawn. Ther's just enough visual description, without detracting from the story or slowing it. I'm looking forward to McBrides next book.
vivian jones

simply superb!
Julia Calenda

James Mc Bride's, Miracle at St Anna is so compelling and moving it is hard to know if you should be marvelling at his emotive words or weeping at the empathy and raw emotion that jumps from each and every page.

To begin this book, is to begin a journey a journey of sole searching and truth, a journey of faith and trust.

The novel transports the reader to a time incomprehensible, to a time where faith and trust teetered on the edge but survived never the less.

kony

Jams McBride knew his mother was different. But he asked about it, she'd simply say, 'I'm light-skinned. Later he wondere if he was different, too , and asked his mother if he was black or white. "knon of you'r besnes ".
The color of water is a wonder ful book that will touch the reader . The book shows tha color and race aren't what really matter in a person.

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Sometimes I Lie