What readers think of The Universe In A Nutshell, plus links to write your own review.

The Universe In A Nutshell

The Universe in a Nutshell
Very good.
Matthew Schneider

Amazing
As the quote says on page 99, “I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space" Stephen with out a doubt takes the cake for being a "King" of the universe. This book really makes you think of how much utter power the universe holds and answers much of my questions about how we came to be on our tiny planet. From Einstein to M-Theory, this book is top notch. A must read for those who all wonder what's all out there and how big is this black space in which we find ourselves in.
anonymous

Extremely interesting read
I was a bit skeptical at first of Stephen's work, but after reading this book, I became extremely interested in almost all of the topics brought up. This book combines physics, philosophy, and chemistry perfectly, along with a nice sense of humour to back it all up. I would definitely recommend this book to anybody interested in our universe, and how it all came to be.
KyleBryant

This book gives a concise and reasonable look into the world of theoretical physics and history.

To imagine Einstein as anything less than one of the Greatest thinkers of all time is akin to insanity.

Please don't let any person who is grossly undereducated about science, especially physics, make you pass this book by on an AD HOMINEM ATTACK ON ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS OF THE 20TH CENTURY.

This book, in layman's terms, describes the leaps and bounds of modern theoretical physics in a humorous manner.

People who still believe in the tired absolute time concept ought NOT consider this book.
-K-
jgaskell

I waited months for the book to be delivered to my doorstep. And it was more than worth it!
John Valentine

For those of you who have read, understood and enjoyed Hawkin's own books, you might like to read John Boslough's "Stephen Hawkin's Universe" (Avon)
Dr. Roger Bofill

I loved the book. It is very interesting and the best science book I have ever read.

But has anyone realised what happens to figures 4.1 and 4.3?

In Figure 4.1 (p.103), on the top, numbers 3 and 4 are swoped

In Figure 4.3 (p.104) the butterfly is flapping his wings in Central Park (NY) and the storm takes place in Tokyo, but the text says exactly the opposite.

I think these minor errors could be arranged in future editions,

Yours sincerely,
Billy Bob Joyner

I don't like them big ol words he uses. It ain't made no sense since I picked it up.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...
  • Book Jacket: All the Lonely People
    All the Lonely People
    by Mike Gayle
    Mike Gayle's charming novel All the Lonely People introduces us to Hubert Bird, an 82-year-old ...
  • Book Jacket: Perish
    Perish
    by LaToya Watkins
    It's a commonly cited fact that many perpetrators of sexual abuse, particularly men, are victims of ...
  • Book Jacket: Afterlives
    Afterlives
    by Abdulrazak Gurnah
    Afterlives, from Nobel Prize winner Abdulrazak Gurnah, begins in late 19th century East Africa in ...

The Ways We Hide
by Kristina McMorris

Members Recommend

Natural History
    by Andrea Barrett

The Family Izquierdo
    by Rubén Degollado

A masterful debut that weaves together the lives of three generations of a Mexican American family bound by love, and a curse.

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

Y Can't G H A