Reader reviews and comments on The Universe In A Nutshell, plus links to write your own review.

The Universe In A Nutshell

The Universe in a Nutshell
Very good.
Matthew Schneider

Amazing
As the quote says on page 99, “I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space" Stephen with out a doubt takes the cake for being a "King" of the universe. This book really makes you think of how much utter power the universe holds and answers much of my questions about how we came to be on our tiny planet. From Einstein to M-Theory, this book is top notch. A must read for those who all wonder what's all out there and how big is this black space in which we find ourselves in.
anonymous

Extremely interesting read
I was a bit skeptical at first of Stephen's work, but after reading this book, I became extremely interested in almost all of the topics brought up. This book combines physics, philosophy, and chemistry perfectly, along with a nice sense of humour to back it all up. I would definitely recommend this book to anybody interested in our universe, and how it all came to be.
KyleBryant

This book gives a concise and reasonable look into the world of theoretical physics and history.

To imagine Einstein as anything less than one of the Greatest thinkers of all time is akin to insanity.

Please don't let any person who is grossly undereducated about science, especially physics, make you pass this book by on an AD HOMINEM ATTACK ON ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS OF THE 20TH CENTURY.

This book, in layman's terms, describes the leaps and bounds of modern theoretical physics in a humorous manner.

People who still believe in the tired absolute time concept ought NOT consider this book.
-K-
jgaskell

I waited months for the book to be delivered to my doorstep. And it was more than worth it!
John Valentine

For those of you who have read, understood and enjoyed Hawkin's own books, you might like to read John Boslough's "Stephen Hawkin's Universe" (Avon)
Dr. Roger Bofill

I loved the book. It is very interesting and the best science book I have ever read.

But has anyone realised what happens to figures 4.1 and 4.3?

In Figure 4.1 (p.103), on the top, numbers 3 and 4 are swoped

In Figure 4.3 (p.104) the butterfly is flapping his wings in Central Park (NY) and the storm takes place in Tokyo, but the text says exactly the opposite.

I think these minor errors could be arranged in future editions,

Yours sincerely,
Billy Bob Joyner

I don't like them big ol words he uses. It ain't made no sense since I picked it up.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers