MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Universe In A Nutshell, plus links to write your own review.

The Universe In A Nutshell

The Universe in a Nutshell
Very good.
Matthew Schneider

Amazing
As the quote says on page 99, “I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space" Stephen with out a doubt takes the cake for being a "King" of the universe. This book really makes you think of how much utter power the universe holds and answers much of my questions about how we came to be on our tiny planet. From Einstein to M-Theory, this book is top notch. A must read for those who all wonder what's all out there and how big is this black space in which we find ourselves in.
anonymous

Extremely interesting read
I was a bit skeptical at first of Stephen's work, but after reading this book, I became extremely interested in almost all of the topics brought up. This book combines physics, philosophy, and chemistry perfectly, along with a nice sense of humour to back it all up. I would definitely recommend this book to anybody interested in our universe, and how it all came to be.
KyleBryant

This book gives a concise and reasonable look into the world of theoretical physics and history.

To imagine Einstein as anything less than one of the Greatest thinkers of all time is akin to insanity.

Please don't let any person who is grossly undereducated about science, especially physics, make you pass this book by on an AD HOMINEM ATTACK ON ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS OF THE 20TH CENTURY.

This book, in layman's terms, describes the leaps and bounds of modern theoretical physics in a humorous manner.

People who still believe in the tired absolute time concept ought NOT consider this book.
-K-
jgaskell

I waited months for the book to be delivered to my doorstep. And it was more than worth it!
John Valentine

For those of you who have read, understood and enjoyed Hawkin's own books, you might like to read John Boslough's "Stephen Hawkin's Universe" (Avon)
Dr. Roger Bofill

I loved the book. It is very interesting and the best science book I have ever read.

But has anyone realised what happens to figures 4.1 and 4.3?

In Figure 4.1 (p.103), on the top, numbers 3 and 4 are swoped

In Figure 4.3 (p.104) the butterfly is flapping his wings in Central Park (NY) and the storm takes place in Tokyo, but the text says exactly the opposite.

I think these minor errors could be arranged in future editions,

Yours sincerely,
Billy Bob Joyner

I don't like them big ol words he uses. It ain't made no sense since I picked it up.

• Book Jacket: Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    by Dexter Palmer
    The year is 1726 and the sleepy town of Godalming has been rocked by scandal. Called to the bedside ...
  • Book Jacket: Life Undercover
    Life Undercover
    by Amaryllis Fox
    Life Undercover, a riveting true-adventure memoir, reveals how and why a young woman decides to work...
  • Book Jacket: Celestial Bodies
    Celestial Bodies
    by Jokha Alharthi
    One typically expects to find a detailed family tree adorning the opening pages of, say, an epic ...
  • Book Jacket: All-American Muslim Girl
    All-American Muslim Girl
    by Nadine Jolie Courtney
    16-year-old Allie (Alia) Abraham, with her fair coloring, has always been able to "pass" for an All-...

The Lost Man
by Jane Harper

"Strong characters, riveting plot and an honest look at life in the Australian outback make it easy to give this 5-stars!"
—BookBrowse

Lady Clementine
    by Marie Benedict

An illuminating look at one of history's most unusual and extraordinary women, Clementine Churchill.

Father of Lions
    by Louise Callaghan

A true-to-life narrative of one man's remarkable quest to save the Mosul Zoo.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win American Dirt

"A Grapes of Wrath for our times." - Don Winslow

This debut is already being hailed as a new American classic, and is the first book to receive a perfect 5-stars from BookBrowse reviewers!

V I T S Of L