Reader reviews and comments on Vine of Desire, plus links to write your own review.

Vine of Desire

Feb 2003, 384 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Vine of Desire

Hayley Techner

Shobha C.S.

There is poetry in this prose. It has abundant sensibility - subtle, delicate and with minor details, which is contemporary, ones, which we can identify in our life. when I was reading it, I could visualise each character, feel for them, and very very curious to read further. I felt very sad to finish the book, to part with it, and the characters woven. The techniques used in telling the story is innovative, attractive, and blends with the whole theme. One of the great novels which I immensly enjoyed in recent times.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R