Reader reviews and comments on Skipping Christmas, plus links to write your own review.

A Fable

by John Grisham

Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

Nov 2001, 176 pages
    Oct 2004, 240 pages

There are currently 59 reader reviews for Skipping Christmas

Anaiza (02/06/12)

Skipping Christmas
It was a great book!! I HATE reading but this book was REALLY good for me to finish it. It took me a while to finish it because I lost the book and then found it again so yea but when I read it the second time, I read it in like 2 weeks. Overall the book is very funny, it may curse once or twice but other than I recommend it for older kids (15) because of the way he uses language can be very confusing for younger kids. :)
Martha (01/31/12)

Skipping Christmas
It's a stupid, boring and very, very irritating book. Reading it is a waste of your time. I can only advise skipping this book.
Peggie N. (01/20/12)

Delightful, Christmas Book
I enjoy reading this book every year! It is short enough and so entertaining. I wasn't a big fan of the movie but highly recommend this story. My son read it for his high school reading list. He is not a reader but liked it enough to finish- and that is saying plenty....
Cecilia (11/27/08)

Great!
This book and the movie are awesome!!!! I give it a TOTAL thumbs up!! I think it is a great book or movie if you want to watch a Christmas Comedy!! I HIGHLY recommend it! especially for kids ages 7 and up! My mom and I LOVE to watch the movie for Christmas!! So get the book or rent the movie! As long as you READ it or SEE it! I know you will LOVE it!!
Jessicca (11/25/07)

Awesome
Its awesome. I would recomend this to my friends, as it gets you in the holiday cheer and is fun to compare to with the movie Christmas with the Kranks.... John is an awesome writer the descriptions and story line are awesome,and the comedy adds a nice spice. It is a easy read. GO READ IT
Maggie (11/12/07)

What A Fantastic Novel!!
Fantastic...I have thought of truly skipping Christmas.However, in John Grisham's novel, I gradually realize the true meaning and love this honorable holiday contains...skipping is not as easy as we think!
Alice (10/13/06)

Fantastic!
It's amazing how much alike the movie and book are.

This tale warms my heart - the true meaning of Christmas, compassion and family.

Loved it!
Katty (01/02/06)

Why is this book soooo great?
I read this book right after Christmas and I found out that it applyed quite well to me. The fact is our family went on a cruise for Christmas also, but we didn't exactly skip. That's why I think this book sooooooo hilarious. The funny part is when they are frantically trying to put together a Christmas party in 4 hours before their daughter gets home. The movie was exactly like the book, so I suggest that you go see the movie right after reading the book!

• Book Jacket: Lincoln in the Bardo
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

It is a fact of life that any discourse...will always please if it is five minutes shorter than people expect

K Your F C