What readers think of Half A Life, plus links to write your own review.

Half A Life

by V.S. Naipaul

Half A Life by V.S. Naipaul X
Half A Life by V.S. Naipaul

Oct 2001, 224 pages
    Oct 2002, 224 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Half A Life

Muhammad.Quddus

In the beginning, the novel is terrifying. The Indian setting and the stories of sacrifices. The stories beg the reader to connect with the history of not just of Indian but of Hinduism. The journey to England and to Africa evoke more sense of horror than humor. Naipaul reminds me that the world is a very disturbing place. My perspective changed. I am in debt to him for this.
Vivien Lee Jensen

After reading this book,which I thoroughly enjoyed, I re-read "A house for Mr. Biswas", prescribed reading for my A-levels in 1969. Naipaul's characters still have the power to make me laugh and cry, as they struggle to make themselves heard and felt.
sharon vawda

Literate persons who do not read half a life, will die having had half a life, pardon the pun. When I need to be revitalised, I read A house for Mr. Biswas, now I can be totally revitalised for the next few years having read half a life, its brilliant!

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

• Book Jacket: Hummingbird Salamander
    Hummingbird Salamander
    by Jeff VanderMeer
    In Hummingbird Salamander, Jeff VanderMeer weaves cybersecurity, bioterrorism, wildlife trafficking ...
  • Book Jacket: The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    by Stephanie Dray
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette, Stephanie Dray's latest work of historical fiction, revolves around ...
  • Book Jacket: Windhall
    Windhall
    by Ava Barry
    Ava Barry's debut mystery novel Windhall is centered around the salacious murder of a starlet named ...
  • Book Jacket: Libertie
    Libertie
    by Kaitlyn Greenidge
    Kaitlyn Greenidge burst onto the literary scene in 2016 with her award-winning novel, We Love You, ...

The Widow Queen
    by Elzbieta Cherezinska

The epic story of an 11th century Polish queen whose life and name were all but forgotten until now.

The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson

A charming, uplifting debut about a mother and her 12-year-old son, an aspiring comedian.

Miss Austen
by Gill Hornby
A witty, poignant novel about Cassandra Austen and her famous sister, Jane.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire