Reader reviews and comments on Lord of The Nutcracker Men, plus links to write your own review.

Lord of The Nutcracker Men

by Iain Lawrence

Lord of The Nutcracker Men by Iain Lawrence

Oct 2001, 224 pages
    May 2003, 224 pages

There are currently 15 reader reviews for Lord of The Nutcracker Men

random person

Review
We read this book for English at school. We all thought it would be boring but as soon as we started reading it we all liked it. We all liked the fact that Johnny was like a god and the soldiers. I would recommend this book for ages 2-202. It's brilliant.
kayla

The best book i have read so far in my life.
I enjoyed reading this book. As Dad's war went on, Johnny's war continued just about the same way as his Dad's had. What had encouraged Johnny to want to have anything to do with the war-related things? This book left me with a few questions unanswered, but that is what people want is to be drawn into the book and want to learn more about the story and characters. I say that Iain Lawrence did a wonderful job on this book i would love to read more of them when i have a extra second.
pupil

I LOVE IT!
This is a great book! We are reading it for homework! For our assessment we have to write about how Johnny s father's attitude changed throughout the book! I wish I could see the letters do you know where I could find them as I no longer have the book!
Emily

My Opinion
I think this was a good book with a great plot but as a class novel i would not recommend it because i lost the plot because there was such a big gap between chapters read. however thumbs up to Ian Lawrence for a fantastic novel, keep it up!
sam

this book is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think this book is great from the start to the finish as soon as I started to read it it hooked me in so bad that I couldn't not stop reading it. That is what i think of the book so thank you for writing it for kids like me to read.
Jason

This book is great, it shows what happened in the war and what people suffered, great! Two Thumbs up
K.J gnilwor

I think it's a great book from the start to the end
It uses great vocab words to attract the readers to the book!
I think it's really good!
Summer

The plot is a bit quite enchanting, yet serious, with Johnny's ability to foretell his father' future with the terrible war going on. I throughly enjoyed this book, for the story itself made it all seem possible, rather than impossible

• Book Jacket: Rebellion
    by E Lockhart
  • Book Jacket: Jumping at Shadows
    Jumping at Shadows
    by Sasha Abramsky
    In September 2015, fourteen-year old Ahmed Mohamed was thrust into the national spotlight when the ...

Being Mortal by Atul Gawande

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

The Twelve-Mile Straight
    by Eleanor Henderson

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E