Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022 and Award Winners

What readers think of True Believer, plus links to write your own review.

by Virginia Euwer Wolff

True Believer by Virginia Euwer Wolff X
True Believer by Virginia Euwer Wolff

Feb 2001, 272 pages

Sep 2002, 272 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for True Believer

Ahmed

True Believer
I personally think that True Believer is a powerful book for all the teenagers. The way Virginia Wolff described the ideas and believes of the teens, it is absolutely great! I seriously recommend everyone to read this book. As you can see the different perspects of life a teenager go through. This is the message she is trying to give across and she has emphasised on because it tells you that teen life is not easy. I read the first review by LALALA and I think that he is right. [edited to remove plotspoiler]. The other thing that will attract you to read this book is that it is not written in a formal writing, the writing is more friendly and informal which is easy to understand. So I think everyone should read this book because it made me believe in the possibility of anything which you don't expect.
Vanessa

True Believer is one of the best books I have read this year. Once I picked it up it was hard to put down. This book relates to teenagers like me and issues they have in highschool such as problems with friends, family, school, money, and dating. Although I have not read the first part of the Make Lemonade Trilogy, this book has inspired me to do so.Text
another azn pimp

True Believer is a really good book, but i'm going to give it a four because La Vaughn sometimes gets off topic and at the beginning it was really confusing. Maybe if she just got to the topic then it wouldn't have been so confusing, but this is only my opion, I don't know what others think. Another reason is, this book is kind of mushy at the middle and the end of the book.
teddy bear

I kinda liked this book but it's kinda confusing me on the plot, so is Jody gay or not, someone answer me!!!
ris

I think that this is a really good book, but it got off topic everyonce in a while, and the plot was a little hard to find.
Brittney

I gave this book a 4 because it was a great book but then again lead me to thinking different things besides the main topic! Other than that virginia did an excellent job on this book!
Caitlin

True Believer
This book is amazing! At first, Jody and LaVaughn seem like the cutest thing ever! The dance, all the cute events, but then came chapter 61. I got so immensely confused, that I had to ask, Is Jody gay? I am so confused because of the note and everything! Please share! Thank you :)
a kid in the sixed grade

I did not really like this book cause it not cool

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: Horse
    Horse
    by Geraldine Brooks
    Voted 2022 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Geraldine Brooks creates a ...
  • Book Jacket: In Love
    In Love
    by Amy Bloom
    Voted 2022 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. In 2019, author Amy Bloom and her...
  • Book Jacket: Remarkably Bright Creatures
    Remarkably Bright Creatures
    by Shelby Van Pelt
    Voted 2022 Best Debut Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Shelby Van Pelt's debut novel, ...

Members Recommend

Scatterlings
    by Resoketswe Martha Manenzhe

The debut novel of a gifted storyteller who has become a sensation in her native South Africa.

The Big Holiday Wordplay

Cradles of the Reich
by Jennifer Coburn
Three women, a nation seduced by a madman, and the Nazi breeding program to create a so-called master race.

There is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are either well written or badly written. That is all.