MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Midnight Bayou, plus links to write your own review.

Midnight Bayou

Dec 2002, 368 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Midnight Bayou

Linda

Nailed It
I grew up 50 miles south of New Orleans and I could feel the steam of the bayou, smell the flowers, and taste the food. I loved this story and the feel of New Orleans before Katrina. Thank you so much for this love story.
Linda A

Wanting more
I loved the history of the people that played in this book, and the story that finally came out for those deceased. Left me wanting another story just like this one.
netbug

Midnight Bayou
I loved this book. I couldn't put it down especially the last 100 pages I didn't want to stop reading. I loved the mystery of the ghost. Great book!
Crystalee

I liked this book so much! In true Nora Roberts fashion, it had me hooked on a great, mysterious plot and routing for Lena and Declan to officially become a couple! This book is much more than just romance, though some of the love scenes are a bit steamy. . . it has a real message, and it will have you hooked!

• Book Jacket: How to Pronounce Knife
    How to Pronounce Knife
    by Souvankham Thammavongsa
    Many examples of immigrant fiction dedicate a portion of their storytelling to exploring details of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Easy Part of Impossible
    The Easy Part of Impossible
    by Sarah Tomp
    Teenager Ria Williams is a skilled diver. She is on track to compete at the Olympic level, but ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire in Paradise
    Fire in Paradise
    by Alastair Gee , Dani Anguiano
    On November 8, 2018, a fire started in Northern California's Butte County after 50-70 mph winds ...
    Circe
    by Madeline Miller
    Voted 2018 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Towards the end of Madeline Miller...

Daughter of the Reich
    by Louise Fein

A spellbinding story of impossible love set against the backdrop of the Nazi regime.

The Paris Hours
    by Alex George

One day in the City of Light. One night in search of lost time.

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win The Adventurer's Son

The Adventurer's Son

"A brave and marvelous book. A page-turner that will rip your heart out."
--Jon Krakauer