MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Tis, plus links to write your own review.

Tis

Aug 2000, 368 pages

There are currently 16 reader reviews for Tis

Mia Torres

My inspiration
This book is amazing. Frank, tells the tale so incredibly well. I felt like I was in the story with him. He's a great inspiration to me, as well as many other people. He will be greatly missed :)
katrina mccleary

I have read this book and Frank McCourts other book approx 10 times each. His books are so heart wrenching that you feel so bad that you as the reader is not there to help Frank and his mother through their poverty. I felt as though I was there in those pages as I read this book and feel as though I know Franks family. I would recommend this book to anyone as it is the most heart felt book I have ever read in my life, it is not common to reduce a grown woman to tears through a book, but i was in tears on several occassions. I wounder what Frank is up to today and if he keeps in touch with his brothers? I would love another book from Frank to be published, a follow on from Tis.
Susan

hearing of all the sufferings of frank and his mother and brothers touches the heart. the way he expresses his feelings made me feel for him and wish i was there to comfort him as this is a heart wrenching story which all should read
skp

Franks' struggles and abitions are an inspiration. To come from poverty to emotional riches. This is a must read!!
ann

great job frank!
timothy hill

Me, I'm just wondering how Frank McCourt is, what's left of him!
Tis twas a masterful book, no doubt.
Wishing the grand fellow would tell us more, right?
Katiemay

Frank McCourt did a wonderfully job of writing honestly. It twas truly a tragic account of his life that makes you wish you were there to comfort him
Amy Vilay

The auther did a superb job expressing all his inner thoughts, i enjoyed it.

• Book Jacket: Hamnet
    Hamnet
    by Maggie O'Farrell
    William Shakespeare's name is never used in Hamnet — a conspicuous absence around which Maggie...
  • Book Jacket: After the Last Border
    After the Last Border
    by Jessica Goudeau
    According to the United Nations Refugee Agency, the number of displaced people around the world is ...
  • Book Jacket: Crossings
    Crossings
    by Alex Landragin
    Crossings is a beautiful, if slightly messy, time-bending debut. It reads like a vampire novel, sans...
  • Book Jacket: Pew
    Pew
    by Catherine Lacey
    A quote often attributed to Leo Tolstoy states that "All great literature is one of two stories; a ...

Hieroglyphics
    by Jill McCorkle

A mesmerizing novel about piecing together the hieroglyphics of history and memory.

With or Without You
    by Caroline Leavitt

A moving novel about twists of fate, the shifting terrain of love, and coming into your own.

Every Bone a Prayer
by Ashley Blooms

The the story of one tough-as-nails girl whose choices are few but whose fight is boundless.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M