MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Tis, plus links to write your own review.

Tis

Aug 2000, 368 pages

There are currently 16 reader reviews for Tis

Mia Torres

My inspiration
This book is amazing. Frank, tells the tale so incredibly well. I felt like I was in the story with him. He's a great inspiration to me, as well as many other people. He will be greatly missed :)
katrina mccleary

I have read this book and Frank McCourts other book approx 10 times each. His books are so heart wrenching that you feel so bad that you as the reader is not there to help Frank and his mother through their poverty. I felt as though I was there in those pages as I read this book and feel as though I know Franks family. I would recommend this book to anyone as it is the most heart felt book I have ever read in my life, it is not common to reduce a grown woman to tears through a book, but i was in tears on several occassions. I wounder what Frank is up to today and if he keeps in touch with his brothers? I would love another book from Frank to be published, a follow on from Tis.
Susan

hearing of all the sufferings of frank and his mother and brothers touches the heart. the way he expresses his feelings made me feel for him and wish i was there to comfort him as this is a heart wrenching story which all should read
skp

Franks' struggles and abitions are an inspiration. To come from poverty to emotional riches. This is a must read!!
ann

great job frank!
timothy hill

Me, I'm just wondering how Frank McCourt is, what's left of him!
Tis twas a masterful book, no doubt.
Wishing the grand fellow would tell us more, right?
Katiemay

Frank McCourt did a wonderfully job of writing honestly. It twas truly a tragic account of his life that makes you wish you were there to comfort him
Amy Vilay

The auther did a superb job expressing all his inner thoughts, i enjoyed it.

• Book Jacket: The Revisioners
    The Revisioners
    by Margaret Wilkerson Sexton
    The chapters of Margaret Wilkerson Sexton's second novel, The Revisioners, alternate between three ...
  • Book Jacket: Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    by Dexter Palmer
    The year is 1726 and the sleepy town of Godalming has been rocked by scandal. Called to the bedside ...
  • Book Jacket: Life Undercover
    Life Undercover
    by Amaryllis Fox
    Life Undercover, a riveting true-adventure memoir, reveals how and why a young woman decides to work...
  • Book Jacket: Celestial Bodies
    Celestial Bodies
    by Jokha Alharthi
    One typically expects to find a detailed family tree adorning the opening pages of, say, an epic ...

The Lost Man
by Jane Harper

"Strong characters, riveting plot and an honest look at life in the Australian outback make it easy to give this 5-stars!"
—BookBrowse

Welcome to the Pine Away Motel and Cabins
    by Katarina Bivald

A heartwarming story of love, friendship, and the art of living.

You Were There Too
    by Colleen Oakley

Acclaimed author Colleen Oakley delivers a heart-wrenching and unforgettable love story.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win American Dirt

"A Grapes of Wrath for our times." - Don Winslow

This debut is already being hailed as a new American classic, and is the first book to receive a perfect 5-stars from BookBrowse reviewers!

V I T S Of L