Reader reviews and comments on Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, plus links to write your own review.

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress

by Dai Sijie

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie X
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie

Sep 2001, 208 pages
    Oct 2002, 208 pages

There are currently 36 reader reviews for Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress

wierdo cheerleader01

awesome!!!!!!!!
Wow... best book ever written lol:) This is a really good book...all I have to say is give it a try...don't judge a book by its cover!!!
-peace
Akumu

Amazing
That was probably the best book I've read in a while.

I love it and highly recommend it.

I found out about this book from my summer book report, along with having to read another book, Peace Like a River.

"Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress" is awesome.
Antoinette-Marie

Words and Books
A small jewel, this book, I read it in French and enjoyed the language. The story made me realize how a revolution against intellectuals affected their every day life, how owning or reading "books" could endangered their daily life, how also a book could tranform a life (the seamstress) and how a"book" becomes your daily bread, your breathing space.
Sywe

unbelievebull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am out of words....................just beautiful.i read it many many times.
JP

This is a great book for all who love Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or any other Chinese tragedies. The ending tears at your soul. Definitely one of the most gripping books I've ever read.
NIna

THIS IS THE THE BEST BOOK EVER! I SUGGEST IT TO EVERYONE TO READ!
amy

Hi, I'm 15, and I love this book! I agree with the other reviews that this story stunningly brings light and life to the dark harsh times of China. There's just one thing that upset me about this novel, and it was that i didnt understand the last passage, what did that mean??? I kind of have the main idea, but I am not quite sure. All and all, can't wait till the movie comes out. =)
Audrius Siupienius

This book is really good because it reveals one of the darkest Chinese history page in true feelings which were experienced by the author of this book.

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Comedown