Reader reviews and comments on Marie Antoinette, plus links to write your own review.

Marie Antoinette

Nov 2002, 544 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Marie Antoinette

Katie

Truth Unfolds
I really loved this book. It proved how wrong people can be sometimes and how history can really mess things up. The book showed Marie Antoinette as she really was and told nothing but the truth. I believe every word it says and feel that history has really done a horrible thing to a woman who was ultimately a victim of politics and other things she could not control. How can people today look down upon her and blame her for things that were out of her control? I think she was a great person and I look up to her. This book gave me another reason to. It is beautifully written and leaves nothing out. All questions were answered. It was a great ride to be on, the journey of Marie Antoinette.
Laura Elizabeth

Antonia Fraser's book on Marie Antoinette will not be listed as one of her better works. Ms. Fraser is so obviously, painfully, an Antoinette devotee. There is little to no historical objectivity in this book and there are factual errors.

I am deeply disappointed in this book and in Ms. Fraser. I have come to expect better from her.

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Book Collectors
    The Book Collectors
    by Delphine Minoui
    About halfway through The Book Collectors, I was disappointed. I came into the book with a ...
  • Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...
  • Book Jacket: My Heart Underwater
    My Heart Underwater
    by Laurel Fantauzzo
    Corazon — Cory — Tagubio is a Filipina-American teenager living with her family in ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Sun
    Black Sun
    by Rebecca Roanhorse
    Reading the first book in a series is always difficult because readers know that, by definition, it ...

A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi

A powerful portrait of a young Ugandan girl and her family.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O