MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on John Adams, plus links to write your own review.

John Adams

by David McCullough

John Adams by David McCullough X
John Adams by David McCullough

May 2001, 752 pages
    Sep 2002, 752 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for John Adams

J. W. Joyave

I read the biography at a slow pace, being a teenager, but it got more interesting as I went along. I've always been misled before about John Adams and his accomplishments and how he was raised and his principles... pretty much about Adams in general. I'm writing a long essay about how Adams doesn't recieve enough credit as a founding father -- this book is my backbone. I enjoyed reading about his principles and his ettiquette. Great reading and great essay source.
Student

great book, now if only we could rewrite the text books to make them just as interesting!
Jaclyn

It took me a while, but it was well worth it. What an amazing man, and what an amazing biography. I highly recommend it.
history buff

Great book!

Delayed Rays of a Star
    by Amanda Lee Koe
    Amanda Lee Koe's Delayed Rays of a Star begins with a late-1920s photo of three women at a party in ...
  • Book Jacket: Sleepovers
    Sleepovers
    by Ashleigh Bryant Phillips
    In Ashleigh Bryant Phillips' debut story collection, Sleepovers, it can be difficult to keep tabs on...
    The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    by Christy Lefteri
    In Christy Lefteri's sophomore novel, The Beekeeper of Aleppo, the author introduces readers to ...
    Cantoras
    by Carolina De Robertis
    Cantoras by Carolina De Robertis follows five characters who share a house, troubles, joys and parts...

The Voyage of the Morning Light
    by Marina Endicott

A sweeping novel set aboard a merchant ship sailing through the South Pacific in 1912.

The Beekeeper of Aleppo
by Christy Lefteri

This moving, intimate, and beautifully written novel puts human faces on the Syrian war.

Win Of Bears and Ballots

An Alaskan Adventure in Small-Town Politics

A charming account of holding local office with an entertaining, quirky cast of characters.

A S Louder T W